Brewski's Leverage Abuse

The whole point of this thread was that it was a gambling thread hoping to turn a small amount into a large amount. Which I did and will do again (although I'll probably lose 5 grand trying :LOL:)

I don't get why people fail to see that I know exactly what it is I'm doing?

This is your first post and it confirms everything I said in my earlier post. You may be a nice guy but as a trader you are a disaster. A gambler that loves to lose money.

Well, it’s good to see that you are astute enough to have spotted that this thread was (is) about reckless gambling that might or might not pay off. In this case the gamble paid off.

What the thread doesn’t portray is brewski’s normal trading which is anything but reckless gambling. Shame you weren’t astute enough to spot that :LOL:

The whole point of this thread was that it was a gambling thread hoping to turn a small amount into a large amount. Which I did and will do again (although I'll probably lose 5 grand trying :LOL:)

I don't get why people fail to see that I know exactly what it is I'm doing?

All gamblers say that !

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I thought about going to a gamblers anonymous meeting once, I heard they offered a very generous 600% sign up bonus

Attachments

• 29F56843-DADB-4E8C-8988-F2C7EFA1853B.jpeg
    29F56843-DADB-4E8C-8988-F2C7EFA1853B.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 143
Hi wallstreetking - take a look through the thread (and time stamps of others) and you will find that you will be better educated with your choice of words once you have the knowledge. If you really wish to learn about trading then keep this in mind. Then maybe one day, you may just succeed. I wish you all the best for today and remember to keep demo trading until you have a system in place. Try getting to know moving averages first and how to use a graph, this is the best advice I can offer you at this time but let me know if you need anymore help. I'm always around to help the new wannabe traders.

Let's be honest the majority of you are failed traders. That's not being rude. That's just being factual.
There aren't many journals out there that show consistent, disciplined trading and profitability in the long term.

Let's be honest the majority of you are failed traders. That's not being rude. That's just being factual.
There aren't many journals out there that show consistent, disciplined trading and profitability in the long term.

You’re right, majority of people lose. Why did you stop posting in your “mission wallstreet” journals? Did you blow up one week, remove your fxbook due to “communication errors with metatrader” and then disappear so nobody would notice?:LOL:

You’re right, majority of people lose. Why did you stop posting in your “mission wallstreet” journals? Did you blow up one week, remove your fxbook due to “communication errors with metatrader” and then disappear so nobody would notice?:LOL:

I was like the majority on here. poor psychology. Couldn't handle losing trades. A system hopper looking for the holly grail and I struggled.
Then one day by chance I saw the Whipsaw song by Ed Seykota on youtube and the lessons from that song have had a profound impact on my trading. The concept is simple. Cut your losses ride your winners. Accept taking lots of small losses and a few big winners.

It can't get any simpler then that.

Brewski, What are you thoughts on a new thread title if the emsa flatten leverage ?

" Brewski's ever-so-slightly more reckless trading than I would normally trade "
Doesn't have the same ring to it..:LOL::LOL:

Cut your losses ride your winners. Accept taking lots of small losses and a few big winners.

It can't get any simpler then that.

Essentially what I did in this thread, a few £100 losses followed by an 8k+ win(y)

Brewski, What are you thoughts on a new thread title if the emsa flatten leverage ?

" Brewski's ever-so-slightly more reckless trading than I would normally trade "
Doesn't have the same ring to it..:LOL::LOL:

Brewski's "I just lost my edge so I'm looking for a real job" journal where everyday I update you guys on my visits to the job centre.

By all reports a tidal wave of money is still flooding into US based funds. By regulation, fund managers must invest it and buy even if they think buying DOW constituents at these levels is the worst idea in the world. Maybe the continual late end of day surge in prices has more to do with those regulatory obligations than confidence in the market. A possible clue that the money flow is lessening may come from seeing the more usual profit taking after a strong day’s rise.

After that? Well, remember how much (and how quickly) a tsunami sucks back out after it’s surge :)

A couple of weeks later and a change in mood. Not only the biggest one day fall for months, but selling into the close rather than frenetic buying. On top of that Asia took the futures down another couple of hundred as opposed to their recent over-optimism.

Have to see what the bounce back looks like - time to pay attention.

Mmm, the change of mood Monday, big fall Tuesday resulting in the two day fall wiping out almost all last week’s rise, a bounce today that couldn’t make it much past 26300 ‘nor close beyond 26150.

That’s three warning lights for me - not enough to call short, but maybe tempting for a small tester if we go south from here or any bounce doesn’t clear today’s high.

That’s three warning lights for me - not enough to call short, but maybe tempting for a small tester if we go south from here or any bounce doesn’t clear today’s high.

Just says you were tempted. Well played if you traded it(y)Where did you get in/out?