Bollinger Bore

welshwarrior

16 0
Hi Everyone,

I have recently switched from a pulsating screen of indicators to the absolute basics, as I was beginning to lose sight of the market. I have had staggeringly good fortune in the last month trading with just double top and bottom formations in combination with Bollinger support at the deafult 20/2 setting. On EURUSD it is uncannily good at signalling a reversal on the second top/bottom touching the band (on that criteria generating a couple of opportunities a day on the 5 min chart). I would be very interested to hear what other settings and timeframes people have had success with. I won't be posting my results - I am not as brave as others on the forums!

As I write EURUSD is nicely sat at 1.1585 - watch for the breakout at 7am!!

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi Healey

Welcome to T2W :)

The 20/2 setting is the default setting for most charting packages. It uses a 20 period moving average with a 2 standard deviation to create the 3 lines. A moving average, an upper band and a lower band

HTH :)

Healey

11 0
Many thanks, kind Sirs ! As a beginner, all help is invaluable.

I have found a real gold mine of information on indicators in equis.com/Education/TAAZ. Each of about 100 indicators and concepts are explained in a very readable way.

But I still have unanswered questions which perhaps someone could help with :

1. Where can I find FOREX charts with good indicator functionality for free ? Unless I am missing a trick, BIGCHARTS only seems to do stocks ?

2. Do any of the free services offer on-line realtime updates ?

3. What brokers do you guys use for FOREX trading? Is there anything different one should look for out of a FOREX broker compared to equities / CFDs / spread betting ?

Many thanks in anticipation.

boy

Established member
552 3
Healy,

Try this site for free r/time fx demo trading and charts.

www.oanda.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock