Bollinger Bands

Hi Fund Manager,

There;s two book that you can buy through Global Investor BookStore: Bollinger on Bollinger Bands which costs £31.44 and described as follows:

John Bollinger is a giant in today's trading community. His Bollinger Bands sharpen the sensitivity of fixed indicators, allowing them to more precisely reflect a market's volatility. By more accurately indicating the existing market environment, they are seen by many as today's standard - and most reliable - tool for plotting expected price action.

Now in Bollinger on Bollinger Bands, Bollinger himself explains how to use this extraordinary technique to compare price and indicator action and make sound, sensible, and profitable trading decisions.

Concise, straightforward, and filled with instructive charts and graphs, this remarkable book will be essential reading for all serious traders, regardless of market. Bollinger includes his simple system for implementation, and techniques for combining bands and indicators.

The other title is actually a booklet (just 30 pages) and is called Understanding Bollinger Bands and only costs £6.80, jacket text as follows:

There has long been a need for this booklet. Bollinger Bands have been a popular method of technical analysis for several years, however there has never been any comprehensive reference on the subject available. The discussion and treatment of Bollinger Bands has either been 'shortchanged' or omitted in recent books which offer guidance in the interpretation and usage of technical studies and indicators, such as Elder's Trading for a Living (2 pages) and Pring's On Market Momentum (omitted). Bollinger Bands are included in many different software packages but the manuals give little in-depth guidance on usage and interpretation.

In researching this topic, it became apparent that the foremost authority on Bollinger Bands was John Bollinger himself. He is essentially the only person to have written any significant amount of material on the subject. Consequently, my role in the creation of this booklet has been relegated to that of editor, and I felt that the most meaningful and helpful writings I could include were not my own, but those of the creator of the technique.

It is my hope that this booklet will prove helpful to the reader interested in increasing his knowledge of Bollinger Bands and their effective and proper usage.