Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Ninja trader go to account connection look for option to use snapshot data. Check the box. But honestly I can trade either one it doesn't matter.

Hi there,
Hope you're having a good time traders,
Can anybody explain why these two charts showing the same time are so different? one is from Bob's with much more bars during that period of time, another is from a demo Ninja. It seems that we can't rely on a demo Ninaja, am I right?

Different in what terms? You can put more bars on ninjatrader, just drag the time table at the bottom to your left to make the candle more compact

Different in what terms? You can put more bars on ninjatrader, just drag the time table at the bottom to your left to make the candle more compact

Idude,
I did drag the time table in a way that it matches the Bob's time, but still mine has much less bars

I could not take this RB setup, but I'm sure this is good point.

Chart Support was no problem.

Good squeeze & good barrier.

Buildup was OK

I saw False Break 2 times.

and 00 magnet was.

But I missed Exit. maybe 1pip late. I had to exit 1.3320.

After that, the market did not move anymore. No trade.

But I feel it's not so good. I think it's really hard for me still now.
It's not sweet.

Attachments

• 0819.jpg
    0819.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 494
Idude,
I did drag the time table in a way that it matches the Bob's time, but still mine has much less bars

You have your candles very big that's why, every chart looks a little different, take a look at one of my charts.

NQ09-1470Tick8_19_2014_zps9a127c60.jpg

Not every chart is going to look the same, there always going to be differences due to the fact there is no central market. Tick charts will always be different because they always load from right to left from the most recent tick backwards. However, what Kouroushi is referring to has to do with the way the data is filtered. Every broker filters there's a different way. NT gives you the option to unfiltered the data. The filter data. Sometimes will show a lot less candles. Allen

Hi. This is my trading chart tonight.
It was slightly different from the trade of this Volman method and was a trade that I changed some rules, but it got along well. It was just lucky maybe.
I think this point is not popular in Volman method from experience.
But the position of the stop is too tight that it's difficult while I practice this trade method and gives a degree of difficulty.
It intends to be understood the need.
But I feel it hard to too persist in setup in learning.
How does everybody going by this trade method seem about this ?

Attachments

• 0822.jpg
    0822.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 248
now that the Senate gave power to the States to regulate marijuana sales and distribution I think your going to see these stocks really go for a ride

Hey guys,

I will soon have the time to practice trading. Therefore I started analyzing Bob's charts again.

There is one trade that I don't really understand. I'd like one of you guys (especially Traderallen whose track record is very impressive) to tell me why this one was a good odds trade. If anybody else wants to chime in, I'd be glad as well !

Edit: + another chart where I don't understand why it wasn't a good move to short.

Thanks in advance.

(attached: chart 5 week 20 of 2014 and chart 5 of week 12 2014)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 5.1.jpg
    5.1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Hey guys,

I will soon have the time to practice trading. Therefore I started analyzing Bob's charts again.

There is one trade that I don't really understand. I'd like one of you guys (especially Traderallen whose track record is very impressive) to tell me why this one was a good odds trade. If anybody else wants to chime in, I'd be glad as well !

Edit: + another chart where I don't understand why it wasn't a good move to short.

Thanks in advance.

(attached: chart 5 week 20 of 2014 and chart 5 of week 12 2014)
Think about a 00 level like a magnet, price gets pulled towards it when close by, and once there can often be stuck to it for a while as the bulls/ bears decide the level. Now in the first chart there is a good trade able distance +10 pips before the 00 level, and price does accelerate with the magnet effect towards the 00 level. Contrast the second chart price is right at a 00 level when the setup occurs, there is a good chance it could be stuck here a while chopping around as the level is decided. If you have the book Bob describes this in great detail.

Think about a 00 level like a magnet, price gets pulled towards it when close by, and once there can often be stuck to it for a while as the bulls/ bears decide the level. Now in the first chart there is a good trade able distance +10 pips before the 00 level, and price does accelerate with the magnet effect towards the 00 level. Contrast the second chart price is right at a 00 level when the setup occurs, there is a good chance it could be stuck here a while chopping around as the level is decided. If you have the book Bob describes this in great detail.

Thanks for the answer.

I understand the magnet level and your explanation of it only confirmed what I was thinking.

But that is not the only criteria in the trade. For example, I wouldn't have taken the first trade because, to me, there is an uptrend going on. Although it has sort of stopped and has formed an SHS so it's a personal call I guess. Now that I look at it again with fresh eyes it seems less strange.

The second trend, I simply don't see where the tradeable setup ever was. The part where he says "skip" doesn't seem like a proper setup anyway.

Traderallen - thanks a lot for your comments.

In the first chart you commented (skipped trade) you said "there are always buyers looking for a discounted price here" while pointing at prominent lows in the downtrend that had preceeded. Given that this was a downtrend, wasn't there a fair chance that the support level formed by these two lows would be broken anyway?

Similarly, in chart 2 (the one with the downtrend IRB) there was a prominent support on the way down. Yet this trade was taken, even though there is no preceeding strong downtrend before.

To sum up, in one case we have a strong downtrend just before, blocked by support and the trade is skipped. In the other case we don't have a strong downtrend but rather lower highs, and there is similair support and the trade is taken.

It is bugging me. The way I am trying to understand this is that a situation of failing pressure (IRB chart) offers better odds than a continuation setup. So the less obvious downward pressure gives better results. Am I on the right track?

Edit: so after re-reading your comments I realized that the key to your analysis is the relationship of the price action to the 00 level. Which I had seen the first time but I didn't think it was this important. I guess it is. Therefore, if I got it right, on the skipped trade, even though there was a strong downtrend it isn't sufficient to counter the adverse magnet that the trade might experience. Am I right ?

Last edited: