Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Would you guys take any of these 3 trades?

(I was at the PC only for the first one but didn't enter because of last second hesitation; just before that there's an entry/exit arrow but that was a mis-click form my part).

IMO only the first one fits the criteria of a good, safe breakout trade (the squeeze and the EMA are good). The two others are too risky: the block break doesn't have enough squeeze, the DD setup is the second pullback of the small trend.

PS: I realize I should have posted bigger pictures to encompass previous price action. I think right now I'm still at a level where I only almost look at setups and don't understand overall conditions yet. Also, dukascopy's data feed is much better than MB trading demo, however the software won't allow to display pips but only pipettes which makes judging breaks harder.

Attachments

• Monday 1.png
    Monday 1.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Monday 2.png
    Monday 2.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 224
Personally I would never trade cash during a market holiday (I pulled off a quick trade last night in demo mode just for fun). Today the European traders are off, tomorrow the New York traders are off all day. As a matter of fact I'd play it very carefully on the remainder of the week as well, and then go all in during the first week of January when participation tends to be high.

Personally I would never trade cash during a market holiday (I pulled off a quick trade last night in demo mode just for fun). Today the European traders are off, tomorrow the New York traders are off all day. As a matter of fact I'd play it very carefully on the remainder of the week as well, and then go all in during the first week of January when participation tends to be high.

BTW, I haven't thanked you for the last post concerning spreads/scalping on even lower time frames. So thank you ! :smart:

Hard day in the land of pipettes.

PS: I only traded London morning/early afternoon.

Attachments

• Wednesday 1.png
    Wednesday 1.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Wednesday 2.png
    Wednesday 2.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 230
Some more hard pipetting (I should really invest into ProRealTime). The only worthwhile setup was the one in the third attachment, I missed it.

The forum seems to be dead for some reason, I hope it's just the holidays !

Attachments

• Thursday 3.png
    Thursday 3.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Thursday 2.png
    Thursday 2.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Thursday 1.png
    Thursday 1.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 228
Just two trades to day on the USD/JPY tried to catch the second break after a 50% retrace but the lack of volume killed it some what.

Attachments

• $USDJPY (70 Tick)  28_12_2012.jpg
    $USDJPY (70 Tick) 28_12_2012.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 234
More charts from Bob.
Wanted to take a break this week so I didn't trade.

Attachments

• Week52.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
I don't know if i set my brake line one pip to high (blue doted line) for the Cup and Handel pattern that i was origanaly looking to trade.

But as it turned out after the formation of the second handel and the brake line one pip lower turned in to a IRB.

Attachments

• $EURUSD (70 Tick)  31_12_2012.jpg
    $EURUSD (70 Tick) 31_12_2012.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 716
Took the DD and on reflection looks a bit hasty but i did manage to move my tipping point up to break even less the spread.

Mist the IRB at the top of the range such a nice place to take one as well, as for the IRB at the bottom of the range i was probably a bit to hasty.

As price broke strait from the bottom of the range and there wasn't a good place to put my TP.

Has you can see price came back and pinged my TP and duly took off in the original direction, ho well never mind.
A better place to enter would have been after TP was taken out, should have re entered but did not.

Attachments

• $EURUSD (70 Tick)  31_12_2012 ..jpg
    $EURUSD (70 Tick) 31_12_2012 ..jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 318
Thanks for the charts Bob and BLS. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's!

Has anyone tried any other method of stop loss/take profit with Volman's methods? A trailing stop behind the candle once the target of 10 is reached seems to have the potential to catch a few really big moves?

M

More charts from Bob

Attachments

• Week1.zip
    792.6 KB · Views: 119
More charts from Bob.
Wanted to take a break this week so I didn't trade.
I like this charts , they look beautiful , logical , smart , experienced but I have a strong feeling that all of them was marked after the fact , cherry picked and nearly any trading system looks good that way.

The guy has been sending us charts for months now. He doesn't like to advertise at all (see BigMike's trading forum on this), his book is very unknown, there is absolutely no online publicity for it and everything otherwise shows that he could care less about pumping his book. Frankly, there is always a chance that's someone is lying / masquerading, but in this case it seems very, very, very unlikely.

Oh and one other thing: most of us see half of these setups WHILE TRADING, then this gets confirmed when he sends us charts.