Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

Ok TraderAllen, I read the thread.

Yep, pretty harsh I must say. However, I do admit the first time you mentioned your results I immediately thought - "surely this can't be, they are just TOO good." But I've given you the benefit of the doubt, as some of the contributors on your thread have done.

At the end of the day, no ones knows for sure how honest or dishonest people are on these forums. My view is to just treat it all as information and take from it what you will - truth or lies. Besides, it doesn't really matter so long as it helps.

The more I read, whether books, blogs, forums or whatever, the less I want to and the less it seems to help. I believe the best method is to log as much screen time as possible and develop a method that works for me, through recognising patterns that repeat and that I develop confidence in taking advantage of.

Anyway, do what you gotta do - whatever works hey....

There are so many people that say you gotta do this or you gotta do that if you wish to be consistently profitable. I think it's all bulls&#@t. There's no rules and an infinite way of approaching it. Like I said - whatever works

There are so many people that say you gotta do this or you gotta do that if you wish to be consistently profitable. I think it's all bulls&#@t. There's no rules and an infinite way of approaching it. Like I said - whatever works

Now been trading since 1992. There is more BS in forex than any other market. TraderAllens results are certainly questionable. And if they are true , he has total respect from me. I would suggest that Traderallen simply sets up a copy trade from Ninja to Myfxbook and run all his trades through that. This can be set up so its aways private and can not be viewed by X wives , Irs , etc. Use myfxbook demo platform, which copy's your Ninja Platforms trades, or just post your Ninja Platform trades. Most trades I have posted on here have been supported by live results.

I am sick of these forum websites where people takeover the thread with egotistical BS and completely distract other traders from the real content and true reality of what it takes to be successful in trading. Sadly I feel this thread has become that and request that Kalp and hopefully BLS will bring this thread back to the essence of Bob Volmans trading method.

I regard myself as a petty good trader. I do earn a living from trading and trading profitably is my primary source of income.

Put up or Shut up. Its that simple.

Reactions: klw
Keep in mind matty_dunn, they have twisted my numbers into something I did not say. You all that have been on this thread have all seen the total pips i make for each trade. Yes I have a win rate over 90% but I do not have a 8 to 1 RR as keeps being repeated its more like .7 to 1 RR. I enter using the Volman setups with a 10 pip stop and target. but from that point I adjust to market conditions and take however many pips I think the market will give. often its only 2 or 3 pips sometimes it a lot more. my loses are most always 10. Its funny with all the BS no one ever bothered to ask how i get the results I get. I have an myfxbook account however MB (at least win i checked) does not support it. And I don't think i really care to do that anyway I have nothing to prove. I don't tell people to do what I do and get rich. Win I am golfing with some better than me " looks like you tee the ball to high " I don't say " show my your last 15 scorecard before you comment on my swing" I assume he is just trying to be helpful. Same applies here. In the past many people got upset at BOB for not posting live trades to back up his book. Had I listen to them I'd still be a losing trader. Since reading and understanding the methods he offered to (to help others) I am now on my way to financial freedom. I am not there yet, but I am on the path. and if i can grab someones hands and drag them on to the path to financial freedom then great. If someone choose a different path it up to them. May be patong knows a shortcut along the path if he does I'll listen and may be test it or try it . I might be too fat to take his path, does not mean its bad just not for me. I am vary thankful to Bob, his book has made me a thousand fold of the cost. It you'll notice a lot of people struggle with his method,so just may be my .02c worth of ideas might be the helping hand they need. It a choice to 1. demand proof OR 1. listen, 2.test, 3. understand and 4. learn from their own test results. (notice its easier to just demand proof) Good trading to all. I'm off to attempt to make a weekend video.

It seems there are many types of consistent posters on different threads.
The most idiotic is the one that is always questioning, doubting and bashing others. This guy/gal never offers anything but negative input.
Next is the guy trying to sell something. I actually welcome hearing from these guys ONLY if they can offer up real proof of their success. Obviously, this is very rare.
There is of course the guy trying to learn something (ME!).
And then there is the guy that is generally trying to be honest and helpful i.e. Traderallen.
I appreciate the help I have received reading this thread and hope it continues.
Thank you all.

Keep in mind matty_dunn, they have twisted my numbers into something I did not say. You all that have been on this thread have all seen the total pips i make for each trade. Yes I have a win rate over 90% but I do not have a 8 to 1 RR as keeps being repeated its more like .7 to 1 RR. I enter using the Volman setups with a 10 pip stop and target. but from that point I adjust to market conditions and take however many pips I think the market will give. often its only 2 or 3 pips sometimes it a lot more. my loses are most always 10. Its funny with all the BS no one ever bothered to ask how i get the results I get. I have an myfxbook account however MB (at least win i checked) does not support it. And I don't think i really care to do that anyway I have nothing to prove. I don't tell people to do what I do and get rich. Win I am golfing with some better than me " looks like you tee the ball to high " I don't say " show my your last 15 scorecard before you comment on my swing" I assume he is just trying to be helpful. Same applies here. In the past many people got upset at BOB for not posting live trades to back up his book. Had I listen to them I'd still be a losing trader. Since reading and understanding the methods he offered to (to help others) I am now on my way to financial freedom. I am not there yet, but I am on the path. and if i can grab someones hands and drag them on to the path to financial freedom then great. If someone choose a different path it up to them. May be patong knows a shortcut along the path if he does I'll listen and may be test it or try it . I might be too fat to take his path, does not mean its bad just not for me. I am vary thankful to Bob, his book has made me a thousand fold of the cost. It you'll notice a lot of people struggle with his method,so just may be my .02c worth of ideas might be the helping hand they need. It a choice to 1. demand proof OR 1. listen, 2.test, 3. understand and 4. learn from their own test results. (notice its easier to just demand proof) Good trading to all. I'm off to attempt to make a weekend video.

Lets try and keep this it about the essence and wonderful method Bob Volman has been kind enough the share. This method is laser accurate when followed.

Patong does not know any short cuts because they simpy do not exist in trading. I have well over 20,000 hrs of charting. Thats all hard work and for the first 10,000 hrs I never made much at all. Stops to big, targets to big, etc. I am no way any where close to knowing Bobs method yet. However, I can see certain range breaks as clear as day. All these trades look almost exactly the same.

Here are a few tips thats helps me.

Bobs book was written 2011. The market had more volatility then than now. The 10 pip target has been revised to 7 pip target by myself due to less volatility in the past 2yrs. You you can still get 10 pips easy if you put the work in and cherry pick the best of the best at the correct time of day,

When looking at a particular setup live , go to that setup in the book and study the rules in regards to it,Most of all keep reading Bobs book till you get it. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS ON TRADING EVER WRITTEN.

I am always aware of other time periods s/r zones, 00, and important daily fib numbers. (50%, 61.8%). Daily chart high , low and mid point is noted.

DATA:

A note on data. Without a doubt Prorealtime does have the best data.

Having researched several platforms and brokers, their data is different and at times not very good. For an example . Ninja Trader platform though FXCM data feed is delivering about 50% less ticks than PRT and my MT4 Synergy account. FXCM have only had Ninja for about 2 months. They sent me the login details to use their Pro Active Trader account which is direct Interbank data.It never worked. At present FXCM are configuring that data stream to work on Ninja this week.

IG Markets are a white label to PRT. Different data, no good.

TradeStation use IBFX data. Is ok, but spread is to high. I use this account for swing, position trading. This FX account give me access to the Tradestation platform so I can learn their easy language, which is not that easy.

RWTick has just released version V14. Have not loaded it yet, but am hearing positive feedback.

Diary.

I think any person serious about trading should have a myfxbook account or something similar. Not only for proving your results but for your only analysis of your trading. This gives much more insight into your own trading. Pointing out strengths and weakness within.

Traderellan, the profit % , win/loss you post is very good. Most likely the best within the trading arena. I won't trash you on this for the simple reason i have had some exceptional results at times , but never on a consistant basis. If I can trade 1% daily profit I would make over 2 mil in 1yr. I seldom do that, more like .3% And as your account gets larger the more difficult it becomes to achieve a bigger % gain. When you post these great results Traderallen you really should back them up with proof. Its just the right thing to do and I for one would study what you are doing and I am not. I read your thread and saw how trashed you got. Lets keep all that over on that thread , not this one. This is not about you Traderallen, Its about BVs method, So lets concentrate on that here. If you have something thats working for you, Then post it, but back it up with hard evidence, otherwise its only words and cam mislead others away from what they came to this thread for. This thread is about Bobs method and should be respected.

Last edited:
so after reading the recommendation on ninjatrader/mbtrading(from traderallen) ive been running this combo now for a little while(sim trading) and im wondering... do i need to purchase ninja to trade w/ it live? i was under the impression i could just use the datafeed and place trades w/ the mbtrading navigator on a live account. i would love to use prorealtime seeing as that seems to be very solid tick charting software but its 125/mo for tick data and thats more than i can justify paying when im so new to trading...

so if i have to pay the 60/mo fee for ninjatrader to trade live that wouldnt be outrageous but at this point i almost feel like it might be a good idea to adapt bob's setups to say a 30sec or 1min chart..

im probably going to start trading live within 2 weeks so i can start adjusting to the psychological aspects of trading, until then anyone have any advice for an aspiring trader?

No you do not need to purchase ninjatrader. just a live MB account. You just cant use ninja for order entry. you have to use the navigator window for your orders. I traded that way for 6 months and did just as well. Then I used profits from my trading to but ninjatrader so I can use chart trader. your order fills are the same.

so after reading the recommendation on ninjatrader/mbtrading(from traderallen) ive been running this combo now for a little while(sim trading) and im wondering... do i need to purchase ninja to trade w/ it live? i was under the impression i could just use the datafeed and place trades w/ the mbtrading navigator on a live account. i would love to use prorealtime seeing as that seems to be very solid tick charting software but its 125/mo for tick data and thats more than i can justify paying when im so new to trading...

so if i have to pay the 60/mo fee for ninjatrader to trade live that wouldnt be outrageous but at this point i almost feel like it might be a good idea to adapt bob's setups to say a 30sec or 1min chart..

im probably going to start trading live within 2 weeks so i can start adjusting to the psychological aspects of trading, until then anyone have any advice for an aspiring trader?

Hi Runninscared (funny nickname :)),
As an aspiring traider to another one I would strongly recommend to start trading with a demo account for at least several months and be able to demonstrate that you can be reliably profitable before going live with a real account.
And once you start with a real account, start very very small, with something like 0.5 % maximum risk per trade. And grow your risk and your account size as you feel confident and able to stay profitable.
I've been there and know how you can feel eager to start with a real account. But you'd better trained yourself a lot before that. For example it took me almost a year to now be able to be flat.:-0 I'm certainly not the best traider in the world and cannot be compared to traiderallen but I'm not that stupid either. And believe me, being successful following Bob's way of trading is extremely difficult.
This said, please do not be discouraged. Good luck and happy trading.
Ho and BTW, paying the fee for PRT worths the money you pay IMHO. ;)

Don't know where the figure of $125 a month comes from for PRT. It costs me about $50 a month - well worth it.

allen- thank you for clearing that up, i was reading around and alot of people were saying you needed to pay for ninjatrader when it went live.... although most of the posts were 2+ years old i was reading so maybe it was a thing of the past?

Mitch- i thought about trading a demo account for a long time also but even bob recommends trading live money early to get over the psychological factor(as well as a trader friend of mine). ill be trading very small lot sizes to begin with and trying to cherry pick my trades so i wont be overly agressive dumping money left and right. plus the time frames i trade in (4-8 pm~ CDT) doesnt allow for much opportunity to begin with since theres such low volatility i wont be taking lots of trades even if i was agressive

matty- wow how did i not notice that, i thought only the 120 pair plan came with tick charts but after looking at it again its just 120 pair+ tick volume. is tick volume even reliable or meaningful in the FX spot market w/ it being decentralized? also with it being only 60 a month(with tax) i would probably consider using it. can PRT receive data feeds from any broker?

also not so much on topic but whats everyones favorite broker for scalping? i wouldnt mind finding a broker where the eur/usd and the usd/jpy are consistently under 1pip (US)

Last edited:
I've been using ActivTrades since January and I have nothing to complain about. Spreads are 0.8 for EURUSD and USDJPY. Ordrers are filled correctly and instantly. They are based in UK. They look like good one to me.

I've been using ActivTrades since January and I have nothing to complain about. Spreads are 0.8 for EURUSD and USDJPY. Ordrers are filled correctly and instantly. They are based in UK. They look like good one to me.

I use IC Markets. The EURUSD spread is usually between 0.0 - 0.2. They offer MT4 and cTrader accounts. If you go through an IB you can get a commission rate of $5.50(AUD) per round turn for a MT4 account. However, I'm finding this platform to be a little slow at times and execution is better on the cTrader account. The commission is higher though, but you get an 8% discount through an IB.

I use IC Markets. The EURUSD spread is usually between 0.0 - 0.2. They offer MT4 and cTrader accounts. If you go through an IB you can get a commission rate of $5.50(AUD) per round turn for a MT4 account. However, I'm finding this platform to be a little slow at times and execution is better on the cTrader account. The commission is higher though, but you get an 8% discount through an IB.

Thats an awesome spread. Will have a look at them .

Its seems everyone here is very happy with ProRealtime. Good to know.

Having contacted FXCM on several occasions about the data problem it seem the Australian office did not know or could not be bothered sorting it out.

Last email I sent them.

"I offered to open a 25k to 30k Active Pro Account. FXCM could not get their data together in respect to white label Ninja Trader. You just lost a minimum of 25 k maybe *** account."

"So don't send me emails how great you are."

Last edited:
allen- thank you for clearing that up, i was reading around and alot of people were saying you needed to pay for ninjatrader when it went live.... although most of the posts were 2+ years old i was reading so maybe it was a thing of the past?

Mitch- i thought about trading a demo account for a long time also but even bob recommends trading live money early to get over the psychological factor(as well as a trader friend of mine). ill be trading very small lot sizes to begin with and trying to cherry pick my trades so i wont be overly agressive dumping money left and right. plus the time frames i trade in (4-8 pm~ CDT) doesnt allow for much opportunity to begin with since theres such low volatility i wont be taking lots of trades even if i was agressive

matty- wow how did i not notice that, i thought only the 120 pair plan came with tick charts but after looking at it again its just 120 pair+ tick volume. is tick volume even reliable or meaningful in the FX spot market w/ it being decentralized? also with it being only 60 a month(with tax) i would probably consider using it. can PRT receive data feeds from any broker?

also not so much on topic but whats everyones favorite broker for scalping? i wouldnt mind finding a broker where the eur/usd and the usd/jpy are consistently under 1pip (US)

Hi runninscared
You do not need to use tick Volume that is for FX Futures & is not available for spot forex, spot tick data is a transaction + transaction amount where as volume tick is the amount traded.
That's my understanding anyway hope that helps.

YT :cool:

Hi runninscared
You do not need to use tick Volume that is for FX Futures & is not available for spot forex, spot tick data is a transaction + transaction amount where as volume tick is the amount traded.
That's my understanding anyway hope that helps.

YT :cool:

yea, i just saw the 120 currency pair part and after it listed tick volume. i tunnel visioned the tick part immediately and assumed that i needed to buy that for a tick chart, which thankfully isnt the case. i believe next week ill be opening a live account and trying PRT. then ill have 2 days off from work the following week for memorial day and ill get to trade during the NY/london periods which im very excited to do. :cheesy: