Bob Volman Price Action Scalping

I took the same trades as your first and third one.
My view for the third one is below.

I have noticed that we don't have exactly the same candles.

We never have the same candles, because everytime you open the program the tick count starts from 0. So if you close it and reopen it, it will look differently. But it doesn't really matter, i think.

Hi.

I don't understand what's wrong with me this trade before now.
Please help me somebody, I'm confused a little. I thought it's nice price action.

just looking at the chart you posted the past three hours price action has gone nowhere. Why would you think that the uptick you entered on would be any different from the last three or more hours? I didn't take the time to see what time zone you are in, so I'll just ask the question. Was the news coming out? A different central-bank of opening up? Traders coming back from midday doldrums? My point is expect the market to continue what it's doing and less some other force steps in and causes it to move. Your trading a dead sideways market expected to move dead sideways. There's absolutely no diagonal or up or down movement on the chart you have posted. Also just one last point there is no entry for range break where you're showing on your chart. First you have the pop up above your horizontal line with the doji candle the next candle is one tick or more but closes below the horizontal line, the next candle closes above the line however that's the signal candle so your trade entry should be as soon as the market trade one tick higher than your signal candle which never happened. Just my opinion I hope it helps.

Hi,
I took two trades yesterday : one was scratched with a win of 2.7 pips and the other with a loss of 4.3 pips.
I'm not very happy with the first one. I like the entry on an IRB when the pull back seems to end but I feel I could have let it go a little bit further as it eventually reached the 10 pips target but I was afraid of the resistance on the 40.
The second one is just a false breakout. I don't know, maybe I was too quick and the setup was not that good.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    35 KB · Views: 196
  • 2.png
    2.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 177
Thanks a lot, kulpio, mynaus, and Traderallen.
Thanks to you, now I understood it, and I could watch that objectively.
I was blind and a lack of understanding. I should watch whole price action. I missed.
Now I can understand, I'm sure there is a more better set ups, and I can wait for it. I don't need to entry these conditions. Thank you.

Hi.

I don't understand what's wrong with me this trade before now.
Please help me somebody, I'm confused a little. I thought it's nice price action.

If you look on the left, I think the upper limit of the range is not good. I was trapped several times with this also and I now put the upper limit exactly at the highest. But I'm just a newby here so I don't what it worths... :)

First trade of the day, first SB on two months.
Now that the shutdown is....well, down, is the market re-gaining its volume?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 8.34.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 8.34.22 AM.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I hesitated to enter because I was in front of my PC only since 2 minutes. But there was a good entry (moreover 1.3638 was a good resistance). Well done :clap:

I hesitated to enter because I was in front of my PC only since 2 minutes. But there was a good entry (moreover 1.3638 was a good resistance). Well done :clap:
Thanks!
It's nice to see candles that are over a pip or two of length....what we had for the last three month. I hope it stays like this and that it is not just a short term event.

Yep. That's a different rhythm. I have to become accustomed to it since I began to trade the method at the beginning of the shutdown.

Thanks!
It's nice to see candles that are over a pip or two of length....what we had for the last three month. I hope it stays like this and that it is not just a short term event.

What charts do u use ?

Other than the 70-tick chart of the EU, I use a temporal chart of EU where I can choose the timeframe (in order to look at the main S/R) and a 70-tick of GU to see if a special move on the EU is reflected on the GU (to eliminate an odd spike for example).
And you ?

I only use the 70tick chart, or then i am full of bias. I might check the daily chart in case of a really major S/R , that's all. And the eco. calendar of course. But i really use only the 70 tick ...
I think, in scalping with price action, more is less.

Congratulations. Well done ! (y)
I'm still hesitating with these continuation trades.
Volatility is not here yet totally... but the market looked definitely different today compared to what we had since the summer. I also need to accomodate a bit. :)

Three trades today:
One RB with a loss of 3 pips
One BB with a win of 0.8 pips
One RB with a win of 10 pips :)
That's a total win of 7.8 pips for the day.
Not fantastic but at least it's a win. :D
I'm not trading tomorrow so that's it for the week with a total win of 16.2 pips.
It's not a lot but that's my first positive week of the last 6 weeks.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 4.png
    4.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 5.png
    5.png
    29 KB · Views: 258
Two for me too, one winner and one scratched at +2.
Good week end to you all and let's hope for the market to start picking up some volume as it did the last 2-3 days.