Birmingham & The Black Country.

special4x

Hello. My passion is FOREX, and I'm looking for like-minded people who want to meet occasionally at a Wi-Fi Hotspot somewhere in the Greater Birmingham area to trade live.
I'm thinking no more than eight people. It would be great if there were some female members, for no other reason than I believe women to be more sensible traders than men.
You must be at least an intermediate-level trader.
Own a wireless-enabled laptop computer.
Have live and funded, and demo, trading accounts.
Be familiar with the Metatrader 4 trading platform. If you're not, don't worry - someone will show you.
Be prepared to discuss your trading methods and systems with the group. We'll all muck in.
Agree to share our trading sessions (maybe even live) on the Trade2win forums.
At this time I just want to judge response.
Regards. special4x.

Sounds like a swell idea.... a bit closer to London and I would be interested!

Thanks Chilltrader: I thought it was a good idea too. So that makes two of us anyway.lol.
We all know that trading is a lonely business so I thought people would jump at the chance to meet fellow traders, in a live trading situation, and share ideas and experiences. I'm sure we would all benefit in some way.
What do you think I did wrong? Should I widen the area to include the whole of the West Midlands, do you think? Or perhaps invite people with less trading experience. I would appreciate your input. Suppose I could try Forex Factory. Ouch!

A brilliant idea. You can count me in. Shame about the poor response,it may be that many other forex traders around Brum don't consider themselves at intermediate level.
You could ask if anyone's interested in a more relaxed, social-type meeting, and see where it goes from there.

I am in Warwickshire but wouldn't have a problem getting in to Birmingham once in a while. I am a Fx intraday trader with 3 years experience.

I am in Warwickshire but wouldn't have a problem getting in to Birmingham once in a while. I am a Fx intraday trader with 3 years experience.

Good to hear from you RC. I am thinking maybe when the weather turns we could chat some more about this. It would be great if others would like to meet at a location convenient to all (3) lol, who have shown an interest.
I have updated my profile so you may know more about me.

Good to hear from you RC. I am thinking maybe when the weather turns we could chat some more about this. It would be great if others would like to meet at a location convenient to all (3) lol, who have shown an interest.
I have updated my profile so you may know more about me.

I am in Worcestershire. I would be interested in this.

Glynn

Well, that makes a possible six (if chilltrader can escape from the smoke) :)
I think this would be an ideal number for a first session. What do you fellow-traders think?
Your input on how to set this up would be appreciated.
Happy Easter

Well, that makes a possible six (if chilltrader can escape from the smoke) :)
I think this would be an ideal number for a first session. What do you fellow-traders think?
Your input on how to set this up would be appreciated.
Happy Easter

Not good on Wi-fi hotspots in the area. Any ideas?

That may be a problem, packhorse. As I said in my 1st.post, I expect the group to be trading live on the day. However, let's see how things work out.

For those people who are interested in a live trading session as proposed in my first Post.
We could meet south of Brum., say somewhere in Warks/Worcs. I suggest a decent hotel, maybe a small conference room? What do you think?

Thanks RedCabbage. I think most hotels will give you their Wi-Fi PIN for the price of drink and a few sandwiches.
I had in mind a Rural location, with easy access to the M42.
How many people do you see as a minimum?
If it ends up with just the two of us, then the Broad Street/Hagley Road area would be okay for me too.

I have no problem with Birmingham,Studley or wherever, I would just be glad to get out.

If the first one ends up with just 2 of us then no problem. Once these meets are up and running I am sure there will be more people wanting to attend.

Monday or Friday is good for me as these are less important trading days.