Biogen [biib] And Elan [eln]

I could almost sense your broad grin whilst I was reading your post. Just make sure you buy the properties in the warmer and glamourus parts of France (do not ask for any tips).

LION63 said:
I could almost sense your broad grin whilst I was reading your post. Just make sure you buy the properties in the warmer and glamourus parts of France (do not ask for any tips).

=================================================================

Lion,

I always buy where there's a lot of tourist's /high demand and also try to get guaranteed rents where posible from letting agents. Profits are generated from the sale on completion 2007 [tax on CGT is 16% for overseas people]

Re: ELAN
Shares cotinue to rise on good news.

Click>> http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/05/10/0510automarketscan13.html?partner=yahootix&referrer=

RE; ELAN AT THE CLOSE:

This one is going to ROCK & ROLL TO $8-10 IN A FEW DAYS :LOL: :LOL:

Last Trade: 7.42
Change: + 0.52 (+7.54%)
Prev Close: 6.90
Open: 7.10

Day's Range: 6.95 - 7.43
52wk Range: 3.00 - 30.45
Volume: 20,715,300

STRONG HOLD :!: :)

Re: ELAN

More good news is xpected today on this stock, my guess is that it will breach $8 today. :LOL:
Course of action reccomended:

If you have a large stake on CALL's and they are showing profits of OVER 150%? Place oder to convert into >> A "call BULL spread" IF STOCK BREACHES $8.

The choice of strike and month depends on which strike and month U hold at present. So some degree of common sense is needed.

It would be unwise to close position and take profits at this time or if it hits $8 as there could still be more up-side to come next week/month. Finally pls remember the T DRUG has not been given the GREEN light yet!!

HOLD and CONVERT. Or HOLD and CONVERT LATER ON :cool:

Bull

RE: ELAN
Closed UP 4.9% to $7.79 :) Biogen closed UP 1.4% to $39.34 :)

News report

BOSTON (MarketWatch) - The biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors moved higher Thursday morning as Elan Corp. PLC advanced on continued hopes that its drug Tysabri will return to the market.

The Amex Biotechnology Index rose 0.6% to 547.75 and the Amex Pharmaceutical Index inched up 0.1% to 332.57 during a relatively placid morning for the sectors on Wall Street.

Elan gained 4% to $7.71 in early trade. Shares of the Irish drugmaker have been steadily climbing over the last two weeks on hopes that its recalled drug Tysabri, marketed with partner Biogen Idec Inc., might be returned to the market. The companies' pulled the drug in late February over safety concerns.

Last edited:
bulldozer said:
Lion, posted on 27/4 post No 12
ELAN CALL's:
The 2.50 Jan ITM Calls at 2.35 will clean you out sooner or latter :rolleyes:

And the 5.00 Jan OTM Calls at 1.40 will clean you out also, you'll not only lose ur shirt but ur house also :!: :(

My money is on both strikes. Now do you want BIIB strikes or do u need more time to think about it? :cool:

bull
Think b4 U pull the triger :rolleyes:

===========================================================
Lion,
Up-date on prices:
Jan 2.50 calls at $ 2.35 now at $ 5.50 [bid] = $550 per ctrct approx 140% gain

Jan $5.00 Call's at $1.40 now at $3.80 [bid] = £380 per ctrct approx 190% gain

see prices>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=ELN&m=2006-01

Strong hold or convert :D
Bull

You already know the answer to your question (Strong hold or convert?). Why would you even contemplate closing trades/positions that have no downside as you are so far in front? The bad news is still in the prices, short of them going bust or Elliott Spitzer going after them they will rise irrespective of what happens to the general market.

LION63 said:
You already know the answer to your question (Strong hold or convert?). Why would you even contemplate closing trades/positions that have no downside as you are so far in front? The bad news is still in the prices, short of them going bust or Elliott Spitzer going after them they will rise irrespective of what happens to the general market.

=================================================================
Lion
Re; Strong Hold or convert. [it was not meant as a question but more of a suggestion of choice]

I think some people need to know they have other options/choice on position and also some may have put heavy stakes in.
Here are some options/choice what they can do:

1. Close 1/2 of position and leave rest to ride for free.
2. Close 1/3 of position and reduce ur xposure to small amount.
3. Convert to bull call sprd and take in cash.
4. Close all of position and take profits and be thankfull
5. Keep all position open and hope for more profits.
6. Close out positions and use a % of the profits to buy cheaper OTM positions.

The thing about traded options is that u need to know/learn that there is many alternatives to hedge or safe guarding one's capital and not trade like a gambling fool and put everything at risk, its all part of learning and be ahead of the herd :cool: :LOL:

SHORTING AS A HEDGE IS A NO NO!! BECAUSE THE DELTA'S ARE AGAINST UR OPTION CALL POSITIONS. Take time and think about what ive just said, especialy for those who have the $7.50/ $10.00 strikes or higher strikes. Remember that some DELTA's in option's are weaker than ftrs/shorting.

Bull

Always expect the unxpected :cool: :rolleyes: Seek and learn is key to successfull trading :cheesy:

Last edited:
AGM meeting tmrrow!! There should b some exciting news.
Elan 4 lift off ? Fully loaded up on call's. :eek: fingers crossed :LOL: :cool:

Bull

Jan 06 Call's:

Today's closing price
2.50 @ $5.60 [bid] = $560 per contract

$5.00 @ $3.90 [bid] = $390 per contract

27th April price [post]
ELAN CALL's:
The 2.50 Jan ITM Calls at 2.35 = $235 per contract
The 5.00 Jan Calls at 1.40 = $140 per contract

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=ELN&m=2006-01

Last edited:
It all seems to be oneway traffic and the bears are no longer interested. Any news release related to the drug problems will send the shares into orbit.

Last Trade: $8.05
Trade Time: 4:00PM ET
Change: +0.84 (+11.65%)
Prev Close: 7.21
Open: 8.02

Day's Range: 7.85 - 8.42

Volume: 40,641,700

ELAN up over 10% in first hour:

Last Trade: $9.31
Trade Time: 10:25AM ET
Change: +1.31 (+16.38%)
Prev Close: $8.00

Day's Range: 9.00 - 9.49

I'm still holding on this one :cool:

Bulldozer had his detractors whilst he was a member of this site. Whilst he might have come across as being brash and rude, he did know what he was talking about and made a few very good calls. I have revisited this thread to provide an update in his absence.

2.50 Jan '06 Calls - Opn price 2.35 - Cur price 7.80 - Gain 232%
5.00 Jan '06 Calls - Opn price 1.40 - Cur price 5.50 - Gain 293%

Not bad at all for any trader that had a position, sadly I jumped ship at a slightly lower level.

LION63 said:
Bulldozer had his detractors whilst he was a member of this site. Whilst he might have come across as being brash and rude, he did know what he was talking about and made a few very good calls. I have revisited this thread to provide an update in his absence.

2.50 Jan '06 Calls - Opn price 2.35 - Cur price 7.80 - Gain 232%
5.00 Jan '06 Calls - Opn price 1.40 - Cur price 5.50 - Gain 293%

Not bad at all for any trader that had a position, sadly I jumped ship at a slightly lower level.

Hello Lion,

Have you seen Bulldozers tips at his place? i visit there too. :D :idea:

ELN now at $13

2.50 Jan '06 Calls - Open price 2.35 - current price 10.60 [gains over 350% and still increasing]

5.00 Jan '06 Calls - Open price 1.40 - current price 8.00 [gains over 450% and still increasing]

Irishpaddypc,

Thank you very much for making my day better, as I said previously, I thought that the shares were already up with events and decided to jump ship. That has turned out to be a costly error but, you cannot win them all.

There has never been any doubt that Bulldozer knows his stuff and he proved it on quite a few occasions. Unfortunately, the world is full of troublemakers and detractors and this site has/had it's fair share of them. Eventually they force out those that feel enough is enough (Mr Charts) and those that respond to the goading (Bulldozer), then we are left with an abundance of people that could not sell candy to a child.

Lion,

I'm sorry to hear that most good posters have left this forum.

Bulldozer is my uncle and he is currently teaching me a lot of stuff on one to one basis.
last summer he fix'd it for me to do 2 weeks work exprience with his brokers and i enjoyed every minute of it. I'm hoping to get a job as a trainee broker when i finish college.

Good luck and happy xmas!