Biogen [biib] And Elan [eln]

LION63 said:
I would have needed a cocktail of their drugs to keep me alive.

8 % up in one day and the Dow closing down -128 pts

We may see the $5.00 strike get hit tmrrow and go ITM within a few days.

My guess is the big fund buyers will come in when it goes past $5.00 and send higher.
Seat belts on! :cool: interesting times ahead.

Last Trade: 4.62

Change: + 0.37 (+8.71%)
Prev Close: 4.25
Open: 4.50

Day's Range: 4.41 - 4.64
52wk Range: 3.00 - 30.45
Volume: 18,540,800

Last edited:
Lion,

Another good show by ELAN :LOL:

Last Trade: Closed at 5.51 UP by 17% :p

Change: +0.82 (+17.48%)
Prev Close: 4.69

Day's Range: 4.85 - 5.62

This Stock looks promising to put on another 3-6 % in the first few hours [next trading day. ]
5 day chart >> http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ELN&t=5d

Unfortunately, two MS patients on Tysabri contracted the disease and one died. When the drug makers scoured their databases they found another PML death.

It's possible that in suppressing the immune system's attack, Tysabri may have let loose the virus. But tremendously complicating matters is that all three patients were also on other immunosuppressive drugs at the time, leaving the real possibility that Tysabri alone is harmless. :cool: There are NO known cases of PML in patients using only Tysabri, according to the FDA.

Not wise in making/taking cocktail of drugs :LOL: :!: Tysabri will be back on the mrkt sooner rather than latter :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The added bonus is that the big pharmaceuticals have been coming out with good results and positive statements. This should act as further support for Elan shares. All that is required is a reasonable rise in Biogen stock.

w-site

LION63 said:
Did you say that is your site or a site you visit?

That is one of my latest web sites, the other is found if u click the link.
The other site is called www.amazingtruth.net but it want be of any interest to you unless u are an SDA or u have friends who are SDA's.

bull

In that case I will stick to the first one that you provided. I must say that at this stage I have only flicked through it and I am quite impressed. It is nice to know that there are still some decent and creative people out there when one considers the world we live in. Fortunately, we have an extended weekend so I will take some time to go through some of the items on the site.

Many thanks for the link provided.

posted on 27 April
bulldozer said:
Lion,
ELAN CALL's:
The 2.50 Jan ITM Calls at 2.35 will clean you out sooner or latter :rolleyes:

And the 5.00 Jan OTM Calls at 1.40 will clean you out also, you'll not only lose ur shirt but ur house also :!: :(

My money is on both strikes.

=============================================================

Up-date on prices taken just now: ELAN down 31 pts at $6.40

The $2.50 Jan Calls are now at $4.20 =$420 per contract around 80% profit.

The $5.00 Jan Calls are now at $2.90 =$290 per contract just over 100% profit

Still holding positions

I was handing over the keys of my car to a stranger; my wife and children were standing next to our belongings in the driveway sobbing their eyes out because I had lost eveything writing calls. My youngest turned to me and asked, "Dad how could we lose all this because you wrote a letter to ELAN?" Then I awoke and realised I was dreaming. Thank God that I am not that STUPID.

Lion,
I brought up that post b-cause it had the prices and date on it and not to rub it in, i hope u understand.
I'm glad to hear it was only a dream :cheesy:

Just added to the positions, bought more of the Jan's $5.00 Calls at $3.00

Bulldozer,

I know that you did not mean anything by the post but it is important to remember that you called it before the price movement and not afterwards. A few decent winners like that and the corks will be popping.

Re: ELAN

+This stock went down like the TITANIC a few weeks ago. Now its rising like the PHEONIX :cheesy:
Closed UP 9.5%

Closing Trade: 6.90 $
Trade Time: 9:00PM
Change: + 0.60 (+9.52%)
Prev Close: 6.30
Open: 6.33

Day's Range: 6.32 - 7.15
Volume: 26,966,300

HOLD :!: :cheesy:

Options positions now well over 100% profit :cool:

Bull

I had the impression that you were away in the sun, lying on a sandy beach and drinking coconut water. You could not take it could you? You could not relax and watch the world go by.

Actualy i'm off to France soon wiv wife, looking at some new investments props.
I'm also looking to do a deal similar to options, where you pay a deposite and then the balance when the props are completed in 2007.
Cant go until my Footsie options position xpire on the 20th and open new ones :rolleyes:

Bull

I note that you do not write calls and very rarely buy puts (in shares) so what have you got in the FTSE?

LION63 said:
I note that you do not write calls and very rarely buy puts (in shares) so what have you got in the FTSE?

====================================================================

Its not wise to buy puts on their own hoping for that stock/index to go down and make profit.

I mainly do complex put sprds on indices that are NOT AMERICAN STYLE

bull