Big Excel model, need speed

Atilla, some progress. Found some excel optimizing sites and cleaned up the file a bit, helped a little. I then reduced my 13x15 tables to 10x13, which of course reduces time by 5/15. I did all this on my laptop, not the stand alone desktop I bought for this. Then I moved the sheet to the desktop, and it's now twice as fast as the laptop (32 bit), don't think it was before. What all this means is that I now have a 20 sec sheet (per table), and since I mostly use only one table, that's liveable.
Strangely Excel now uses 3.9 GB Memory, up from 2.4, have no idea why? Still annoys me I have 20GB Ram that isn't used...

Last edited:
Atilla, some progress. Found some excel optimizing sites and cleaned up the file a bit, helped a little. I then reduced my 13x15 tables to 10x13, which of course reduces time by 5/15. I did all this on my laptop, not the stand alone desktop I bought for this. Then I moved the sheet to the desktop, and it's now twice as fast as the laptop (32 bit), don't think it was before. What all this means is that I now have a 20 sec sheet (per table), and since I mostly use only one table, that's liveable.
Strangely Excel now uses 3.9 GB Memory, up from 2.4, have no idea why? Still annoys me I have 20GB Ram that isn't used...

That is excellent news NQ.

I don't understand the development side so much but that is good news. Googling the question gives the following replies which is in it self is not conclusive in defining what your optimal solution may be either?

1545840486424.png

Perhaps just a little more bit of effort and you may get to an ideal satisfactory position.

Good work and it has been interesting for me to delv back into the good old days of real computing. Haha. :geek:

Wish you all the best in your journey. PS don't neglect your studies even if you make your millions. Take it to the max (y)

My studies ;-) I'm 58, and trading is to make me able to retire. I'm now seeing my account grow, but pretty slowly, but after 2½ years of seeing my money disappear, it's good news.

About your pastes, the W10 preinstalled claims to be 64 bit, and now with 64 bit Excel, I should be ok?

My studies ;-) I'm 58, and trading is to make me able to retire. I'm now seeing my account grow, but pretty slowly, but after 2½ years of seeing my money disappear, it's good news.

About your pastes, the W10 preinstalled claims to be 64 bit, and now with 64 bit Excel, I should be ok?

LOL - why did I think you were studying and in the UK??? No idea. Maybe I should cut down on the spirits :)