Betfair Trading Strategies

it was only an example, i did realise shortly after it was not perfect...trial and error!

so if id did build an automated tool that studies pan-exchange data for what i described "Lay low & Back high", what features should it have minimum?

thanks

It's quite broad question because I believe there is many possible features and I hope some others will expand the list. But for example if I'm talking about horse racing pre-race, my usual behavior looks like this:

1) load the market 10 minutes before the race starts
2) trade the market by placing Back & Lay bets
3) hedge (cash out) 10 seconds before the race starts = close your positions
4) move to the next market

Is that what you were asking for? Or are you asking for specific signals & strategies?

Snooker, darts and tennis must be the favourites ?
I used to watch horses and greyhounds but couldn't make it pay.
I don't know what the odds were on the Andy Murray match, which he lost recently ?

Clever stuff though.

The biggest three sports on Betfair are:

1) Horse racing
2) Tennis
3) Football

There are also good volumes traded on Cricket. (I don't know much about snooker or darts tbh)

I personally always traded on horse racing & greyhounds and I never needed any knowledge of the sport. There is many races every day during the whole year and you can have a regular working hours.

Horses before the start behave like a wild financial markets with 10 minutes expiration time - this gives you a great opportunity to leverage your money on exchange because you can trade 10 minutes before the start of the race and you immediately know if you won or lost. Then you move to another race, etc. At least that's how I do it.

A series of private links to more than 40 real-time learning videos!

Price: £79

Click to buy now

peter_falk_columbo_2.png

It's quite broad question because I believe there is many possible features and I hope some others will expand the list. But for example if I'm talking about horse racing pre-race, my usual behavior looks like this:

1) load the market 10 minutes before the race starts
2) trade the market by placing Back & Lay bets
3) hedge (cash out) 10 seconds before the race starts = close your positions
4) move to the next market

Is that what you were asking for? Or are you asking for specific signals & strategies?

yes something like that or i ciurrently also like the idea of only betting on games with only two outcomes, like tennis - as if a draw in football you can lose your stake if you back the loser. so minimal loss is desired and have bank covered as best as possible.
thanks

hi, i made a bit of an oversight in my last post, the automated betting would work best on sports with high possibility of only 2 outcomes, win or lose (no draw)...

of course were the underdog's odds are 2-5 times ++ the odds of the favourite and the stake on the fav would cover the loss if the underdog lost...so darts, tennis, mma, boxing and maybe american football as very few draws in this.

I am no pro-gambler as you may gather, just trying to brainstorm an automated gambling strategy.

Thanks for input and any advice welcome.

I would not agree with you, a much better result can be achieved on betting with three options (3 outcomes).

One hears that a lot of the 2 person games like tennis and snooker are pre arranged or fixed by the mega betting criminal syndicates from The Far East.

Maybe one can spot this by looking at the body language of the players. They love an upset.

Keep away from horse racing imho. It is too difficult.

Yes, tennis is famous for players making fools of us, since there but one person to corrupt and the whole thing is in the pocket. Did they not catch Djokovitch at it once?
I think scalping horses prices fluctuations pre race, provided you know the rules is a good proposition. I am looking for a way to learn that, if a generous hand can point me to a direction.

=Pat494;3037354]One hears that a lot of the 2 person games like tennis and snooker are pre arranged or fixed by the mega betting criminal syndicates from The Far East.

Maybe one can spot this by looking at the body language of the players. They love an upset.

Keep away from horse racing imho. It is too difficult.[/QUOTE]

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if I could find any like minded people who are interested in trading bets on Betfair betting exchange? I've been a full-time trader on Betfair since 2006 and I'm curious if this forum does have any Betfair traders here.

My main interest was always in so called "Pre-race" horse racing trading. Especially British & Irish racing in the last 10 minutes before the start of the race.

I'm using a software directly connected to Betfair API and I'm mostly trading the price action. I take advantage of short term fluctuations in the market and my style could be definitely described as "scalping".

My typical trade does take 10-30 seconds - it's very quick.

The interesting part of my trading is that I have zero knowledge of horse racing. I just trade the price action I see in the DOM interface.

Anybody out there?

Yes but I find it just as hard as any other type of trading.

I guess not then :)

ive made it work in the past ...an lots of good ideas here ......but compared to forex , trading on the main sports exchanges is like deciding to unpack a corned beef sandwich when you are sitting in the best restaurant in the world....N

I have 25 years of experience in sports exchange trading.During this time, I have tested more than 700 strategies. I had to rework and refine existing strategies. I am not only a trader, but also a composer of strategies. I have my own profitable strategies for football, tennis, horses and dogs.. This great experience has shown me that there is no need for a successful trader to use hundreds of strategies in trading. Two or three strategies that work and bring money are enough to complete. For sharing experience and profitable strategies, you can contact me:

Attachments

• 82.png
    82.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator: