Beta Testers for FuturePrice website

rossored

I've given permission for FuturePrice to promote their product here as they're looking for a small group of beta testers.

There are some rules - no spamming, no blatent advertising, no URLs apart from this one just below - just Q&A please gents.

Here's the link to the Beta:

FuturePrice

I expect someone from FuturePrice will be along in a moment to answer questions...

First of all, a big thank you to Matt. I appreciate this opportunity to promote our product on one of the best financial forums on the NET.

Any questions and criticisms, please let me have it. I'm sitting down ;-)

Pete.

Don't know whether any rep of the site -FuturePrice.com still visit this forum or not.

Visited the site today and registered. Below are some issues/questions:

1. Clicked on the 'Login' link at the top left to log in after registering, but nothing happens. Tried it on both firefox and chrome but with no joy. I don't use IE.

2. Would be nice to have more information about the product like how it works etc, as when I clicked on the live market data application link, it asked permission to download data on to my local disc, which I was not comfortable about.

3. Would like to know more info about 'Data Client', like which trading applications it supports and how to link to the trading application etc, especially Ninja Trader

Any body tried them - FuturePrice.com - and got any feedback?

Many thanks
Dan

Don't know whether any rep of the site -FuturePrice.com still visit this forum or not.

Visited the site today and registered. Below are some issues/questions:

1. Clicked on the 'Login' link at the top left to log in after registering, but nothing happens. Tried it on both firefox and chrome but with no joy. I don't use IE.

2. Would be nice to have more information about the product like how it works etc, as when I clicked on the live market data application link, it asked permission to download data on to my local disc, which I was not comfortable about.

3. Would like to know more info about 'Data Client', like which trading applications it supports and how to link to the trading application etc, especially Ninja Trader

Any body tried them - FuturePrice.com - and got any feedback?

Many thanks
Dan

Hi Dan

My apologies for the late reply. I am subscribed to this thread but for some reason wasn't notified of your post. Herewith some comments:

1. Our website is now a bit more streamlined. Please let me know if it helps.

2. We do have a few tutorial videos on the Silverlight application, but I am aware of the fact that documentation is scant at this stage. Our current focus is on the Data API, but we will be providing a significant update to our client application in the coming months, adding trading, backtesting, portfolio management etc. Please stay tuned.

In terms of local disc access, it only needs access to Silverlight Isolated Storage, which is still running completely within the security sandbox of the browser. Please see here for more details: Isolated Storage: Silverlight.NET

3. We are no longer offering the Data Client as a standalone product. The Data API provides all functionality previously offered by the Data Client (and a whole lot more). Extended data services will also be part of the next release of our Silverlight application.

Hope it helps.