best technical analysis book/s?

I am not sure which is the best to learn from, Which would you recommend?

I totally agree with the Murphy recommendation. Murphy's Technical Analysis of the FUTURES markets is usually easier (and cheaper) to get hold of than his Technical Analysis of the FINANCIAL markets and 90-95% of the material is the the same.

I also like Dr Alexander Elder's Trading for a living which for the most part seems to be a more condensed version of Murphy's work.

Anyone have any opinions on the books by Perry Kaufman?

i like to read books which are not famous but are very good books, because those are techniques which most people dont know and it becomes easier to make money.

i like to read books which are not famous but are very good books, because those are techniques which most people dont know and it becomes easier to make money.

Not necessarily. Some techniques are better followed when the masses are doing it. If everyone sees the same support/resistance line, they will act together and the prices obey the rules. If everyone sees the market rising they all pile on board trying to catch the trend, which politely obeys and continues the rise. (until i decide to jump on board that is!)

I'm sure there are good techniques that are not so well known too. So i'm not saying you are wrong. :)

I also like Stan Weinstein's Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets. Lot's of good info, which I've been using in my trading for years.