Best Spread Betting Company?

Burkina2008

Hello I am nwe to the forum and this question can have so many answers, but what is for you the best spread betting company?

Other thing is, which company has the largest offer on stocks (all over europe and South America) and of bonds (I am thinking most countries in Europe)?

Thanks for your answers in advance

i would of course say capital spreads is the best! but if you are looking for the company with the most markets then IG has the most.

be aware though that at Capital Spreads we find that (in general) clients who try to trade in more than just a few market invariably lose... it is best to pick a few markets and concentrate on them and not be distracted by the fact that "gosh.. oil moved a long way today .. perhaps i should trade in that"

cheers

simon

Spread Betting companies can rely be segregated into 2 categories:

1 Market Maker
2 Direct Market Access

Depending on the size of your trades and the way you trade should determine what is best suited for you. With the larger traders I would suggest the company that I work for (obviously) but there are reasons for this and with smaller traders it may not be as suitable (£0.10 a point traders). We offer the direct market access model which means that you can actually see the depth available in the market and all trades are hedged into the underlying market so there are no re-quotes or order rejections which can save significant money for traders looking to hold position over £10k.

When looking for the differences on spread betting companies, the main points to look at when judging are 1, Margins (can also be tiered). 2, Spreads size (some may also allow you to trade out of hours with increased spreads). 3, Range of Markets (would agree with Simon that in my experience the traders who use to many markets normally lose, also have the problem with the exchange rates when trading) . 4, Quality of platform

Alex

Hi ,

With FP are position sizes based on STD lot sizes? E.g £5 per lot for ftse? Or can you trade in smaller increments?

Thanks

Hi ,

With FP are position sizes based on STD lot sizes? E.g £5 per lot for ftse? Or can you trade in smaller increments?

Thanks

Hi

FP Markets works in standard lot sizes which means it is £5 per tick/ £10 a point. Because everything is hedged into the underlying market we do not offer contract sizes which are smaller than the underlying market.

Hope this helps
Kind Regards Alex

Hi

FP Markets works in standard lot sizes which means it is £5 per tick/ £10 a point. Because everything is hedged into the underlying market we do not offer contract sizes which are smaller than the underlying market.

Hope this helps
Kind Regards Alex

Had a look at the site, and found it difficult to follow whether parts of the info applied to CFD or SB. Can you explain the spread/commission on major indices and FX, please, and are these included in the prices shown when trading, or added when a trade is actioned? It looks like the SB Dow will show a spread of 4pt?

Had a look at the site, and found it difficult to follow whether parts of the info applied to CFD or SB. Can you explain the spread/commission on major indices and FX, please, and are these included in the prices shown when trading, or added when a trade is actioned? It looks like the SB Dow will show a spread of 4pt?

Hi Ross

The commissions are the same for both our spread betting and our cfds. We add no additional spreads onto the prices you see, They are live prices with the natural market spread between buy and sell (more liquidity equals smaller spreads). Instead of charging with an increased spread we have tried to keep everything as transparent as possible by charging a small commision or bet fee to place your trades. These start at 0.1% for indicies and equities and with larger volume traders reciveing reduced commissions. For smaller FX traders we offer spread based trading but is still DMA, no commissions, Spreads variey per currency but can range from 1.5 - 4 point spread on the top traded currencies. For large FX traders do not hesitate to phone to speak to someone regarding our clean pricing.

Hi Ross

The commissions are the same for both our spread betting and our cfds. We add no additional spreads onto the prices you see, They are live prices with the natural market spread between buy and sell (more liquidity equals smaller spreads). Instead of charging with an increased spread we have tried to keep everything as transparent as possible by charging a small commision or bet fee to place your trades. These start at 0.1% for indicies and equities and with larger volume traders reciveing reduced commissions. For smaller FX traders we offer spread based trading but is still DMA, no commissions, Spreads variey per currency but can range from 1.5 - 4 point spread on the top traded currencies. For large FX traders do not hesitate to phone to speak to someone regarding our clean pricing.

Thanks, but it's still not very clear. :)For an ordinary SB account, how much do you need to deposit and what are the spreads on Dow, DAX, FTSE, EU and GU, in points/pips?

How about an FP Markets thread?

Thanks, but it's still not very clear. :)For an ordinary SB account, how much do you need to deposit and what are the spreads on Dow, DAX, FTSE, EU and GU, in points/pips?

How about an FP Markets thread?

The minimum account opening balance for Spread Betting or a CFD account is £1000. The spreads on e.g. FTSE 100 equities, are the natural spread in the underlying market. At 9:49 this morning the spread on Lloyds banking group was 25.265 - 25.28. On normal liquid stocks it can range from 0.5 pips to 4pips on the less liquid stock outside the FTSE 250. I am not sure about the rules for starting your own thread about your own company but if you would like to, we could discuss any further quires.

Regards Alex

I am not sure about the rules for starting your own thread about your own company but if you would like to, we could discuss any further quires.

Regards Alex

I thought that was fine as long as you make it clear who you are, but I'll start one, anyway.