Best software to use

vtivti

Hi all,

I'm very new to the whole share thing. I was wondering what software is the best for UK day trading?

Example, Citigroup upgraded Lloyds from hold to buy the other day, I jumped in with a 10K GBP buy and made some good money, but If I had had a live feed then I could have made a huge amount more.

Yes I was lucky - I know I was lucky. I am looking to do the same with RBS, I currently have £5k @22p with them, but need a good feed - the best, dont mind paying.

Cheers

Jay

Hi all,

I'm very new to the whole share thing. I was wondering what software is the best for UK day trading?

Example, Citigroup upgraded Lloyds from hold to buy the other day, I jumped in with a 10K GBP buy and made some good money, but If I had had a live feed then I could have made a huge amount more.

Yes I was lucky - I know I was lucky. I am looking to do the same with RBS, I currently have £5k @22p with them, but need a good feed - the best, dont mind paying.

Cheers

Jay

If its just live stream prices you want then Free live share price and research data for the London stock exchange - shareprice.co.uk is one which is good - plus its free!

Hi,

I'm pretty new as well, so I apologise if I am missing a point here...

(I trade with igmarkets on their CFDs platform, and they provide live streaming prices into their web and L2 dealing platform - which I think is free assuming you have an account that you actually deal/keep funded. I think something similar applies to the US markets and other brokers.)

However in the example you give above, the information that I am assuming you are dealing on, (that citigroup upgraded Lloyds) is market information rather than pricing information, so I would imagine you are looking for a "broker views" news feed or something similar.

Now this is really interesting for me, because I am currently trying to organise my own market news and alerts in my rss viewer into something I can quickly review to trade off.

So far I use digitallook.com for Broker views;
Broker Views | Investing | Digital Look

and thisismoney.co.uk for regulatory news, such as directors dealings
Stock market news: RNS, PR NewsWire, Hugin, Business Wire

AFX seems to be a major player in providing the equity news tickers that you see on trading platforms.
and yahoo finance, have an afxnews feed;
AFX News Ltd. London : Financial News Products
as an RSS feed;

yahoo finance have an RSS feed of the upgrades and downgrades;
Upgrades & Downgrades News Archive - Yahoo! Finance

The other important issue that I am working on, is how fresh is this news.

For example, I don't really care about the "market summary" or "daily FTSE roundups", because by the time Mr BBC reporter posts the article, Barclays has already put on 10% due to their filing at 7.07AM GMT.

I'm sure the analysts and brokers have to release their upgrades and downgrades in some specified legal fashion, otherwise all sorts of insider trading could take place. So I would be interested to know how to get the analysts upgrades directly as they are released.

Thanks
Tom