Best online trading service

mpetrovich1

Hi everyone,

I am a gold and silver stacker but am now thinking of buying some mining stocks, gold stocks & silver mining stocks. I'm in the process of reading the FAQs on this great website to enlighten me about the realities and potential mishaps.

I've already done a lot of research into online trading but my biggest first hurdle is... which online trading service should I use?

1. I live in the U.K. and was wondering what is the best online trading service to use if I want to purchase stocks from companies based in the TSX (Toronto Stock exchange)? I don't plan on becoming a day trader. Rather, I forsee myself buying and selling perhaps several times/trades a month.

2. I've looked at comparison websites for online trading services and would just like a simple one with the minimum amount of fees per trade with no to little hidden fees. Has anyone heard about using these online trading services:

Ihttp://www.ibworldwide.com/index.html
Share dealing accounts, self select ISAs, SIPPs, CTFs / Selftrade Investments

3. To be truthful, I'm a bit frustrated because I would like to trade stock based in North America but I currently reside in the UK. So taxes is another issue I am unfamiliar with, alonside the fact that I'm unsure if particular online trading services does trade some of the stock I would like to purchase.

Any advice (both pro and con) on the various online trading services that you use or that you have heard of will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

- Michael :)

ibworld.com are offshore in belize and are not fsa authorised, therefore any deposits will not be protected by the FSCS.

Thanks for the quick response.

I've been thinking about my post and it boils down to:

I live in the UK but want to buy stock in the North American market. Is there a UK broker that I can use to buy stock in the North American sector?

Thanks McQueen

Hi everyone,

I am a gold and silver stacker but am now thinking of buying some mining stocks, gold stocks & silver mining stocks. I'm in the process of reading the FAQs on this great website to enlighten me about the realities and potential mishaps.

I've already done a lot of research into online trading but my biggest first hurdle is... which online trading service should I use?

1. I live in the U.K. and was wondering what is the best online trading service to use if I want to purchase stocks from companies based in the TSX (Toronto Stock exchange)? I don't plan on becoming a day trader. Rather, I forsee myself buying and selling perhaps several times/trades a month.

2. I've looked at comparison websites for online trading services and would just like a simple one with the minimum amount of fees per trade with no to little hidden fees. Has anyone heard about using these online trading services:

Ihttp://www.ibworldwide.com/index.html
Share dealing accounts, self select ISAs, SIPPs, CTFs / Selftrade Investments

3. To be truthful, I'm a bit frustrated because I would like to trade stock based in North America but I currently reside in the UK. So taxes is another issue I am unfamiliar with, alonside the fact that I'm unsure if particular online trading services does trade some of the stock I would like to purchase.

Any advice (both pro and con) on the various online trading services that you use or that you have heard of will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

- Michael :)

Michael

I live in the UK and Only Trade USA/ Canadian Stocks

I use Options Trading, Stock Trading &amp Futures Trading at optionsXpress and Interactive Brokers - They have a London Office and are the cheapest for USA/ Canadian stocks.

You can use various US Brokers - Just Google it!

I invest in Physical Gold and SILVER - and ETFs SLV and GLD - and own several mining stocks.

I think its a great opportunity to invest in Gold and Silver at the moment.;)

If you need any info you can email me

Good Luck with your investments

The Protected Trader

as per what protected trader said re interactive brokers and google, but would add to keep it all relatively simple and that, for me, would be to choose a uk broker.

if you look through this listing Hemscott Broker World you''ll be able to look for the uk brokers that deal in toronto shares.

just a quick look at some of the well known names says you're not going to have a problem finding a uk fsa regulated broker.

td waterhouse uk does toronto stock exchange, as well as nyse, nasdaq and amex shares.

natwest stock brokers do same

others aren't area specific but some look promising

barclays stockbrokers say 26 international markets

halifax share dealing say they do international and do shares on "7 of the world’s largest markets" though looks like mostly european markets, us stocks are catered for but not canadian.

iweb share dealing same as halifax but looks cheaper?

hargreaves lansdown say "overseas share dealing"

regardless of which broker you decide on, do factor in currency fluctuations into your plan, and of course properly research your tax liabilities.