Best course of action?

momothebored

After having read a lot of opinions here.. I gather most agree that almost all the models and books out there are worthless.

The only thing that seems to work is developing your own system after years of experience, back and forward testing.

Assuming I may be interested in making a move..

(i) How do most traders start off? In arcades? What does an arcade do?

(ii) I'm not going to kid myself .. if it's going to take me years and years of work to develop my own model, it's not going to happen. I am currently in a very demanding job, no time.

Realistically if I do start, I'll need a mentor and a firm with a workable system. I'd heard there are places you can "pay" to trade and learn from the traders?

The pay to learn firms have been generally discredited. Some are outright crooks who will steal your money and disappear, others market themselves under false pretences, some may make a genuine effort to train you but have a horrendous success rates. All in all they are a waste of money.

It sounds like you want to be mentored by a successful trader, maybe a former world champion, or the worlds foremost expert in price action, someone who has trained hedge fund managers.

It sounds like you want to be mentored by a successful trader, maybe a former world champion, or the worlds foremost expert in price action, someone who has trained hedge fund managers.

How fortunate that such a person exits, and will train anyone for just a few thousand pounds. :LOL:

How fortunate that such a person exits, and will train anyone for just a few thousand pounds. :LOL:

Do you understand basic English? :cheesy:
At what point was I looking for a "world champion hedge fund trainer"?
A few thousand pounds?

Oh that's right, I forgot most of the losers here are the self-taught, illiterate washouts that wouldn't actually get *hired and trained* by any firm in their wildest dreams.

My mistake, most of the IB traders I talk to were actually trained and didn't have to live in their mother's basement till 40 reinventing the wheel. But that's the demographic here isn't it?

Please do forgive me hare, i didn't mean to shock you. :cheesy:

If you are so busy why not try zulu or collective 2 ? They will apparently ( not used them personally ) do it all for you.

You are right about years of trying to make the grade yourself. It is so tempting - untold millions just a hairs breadth away.
But a bridge too far for the average mutt

Do you understand basic English? :cheesy:
At what point was I looking for a "world champion hedge fund trainer"?
A few thousand pounds?

Oh that's right, I forgot most of the losers here are the self-taught, illiterate washouts that wouldn't actually get *hired and trained* by any firm in their wildest dreams.

My mistake, most of the IB traders I talk to were actually trained and didn't have to live in their mother's basement till 40 reinventing the wheel. But that's the demographic here isn't it?

Please do forgive me hare, i didn't mean to shock you. :cheesy:

Why do you ask so many questions here, when you have all these IB and prop traders to talk to about it?

Trolling?

Why do you ask so many questions here, when you have all these IB and prop traders to talk to about it?

Trolling?

They don't field my noob trader questions unfortunately.

Why do you answer so many questions here?
Nothing to do besides lose money and whine here? :cheesy:

Cry more for me please :cheesy:

There's no whining or crying. I do sometimes lose money though. But you're right, why bother answering questions for anyone. I'll try not to in future.