Best CFD broker for a Canadian with PayPal?

ghostmon

I checked out some, but I am still a little confused as to what companies I can trade with CFDs. With the brokers like CMC, Plus500, Ava FX, they do provide PayPal deposit, but not a good selection of CFDs to trade.

Can and should CFD brokers allow their users to trade any stocks or a large number of stocks with CFDs?

I'd also prefer PayPal allowed deposit, and low commissions/easy start up account.

Thanks in advance!

Using paypal is expensive for the broker, which is why only the shoddier shops use it. Honestly, I wouldn't touch Plus500 or AvaFX. To a Canadian, I would recommend using CMC as they're the only CFD house regulated in Canada. If you're not that bothered about local regulation, at least choose one which is licensed in a trustworthy jurisdiction rather than trying to save a few bucks by paying with paypal.

Using paypal is expensive for the broker, which is why only the shoddier shops use it. Honestly, I wouldn't touch Plus500 or AvaFX. To a Canadian, I would recommend using CMC as they're the only CFD house regulated in Canada. If you're not that bothered about local regulation, at least choose one which is licensed in a trustworthy jurisdiction rather than trying to save a few bucks by paying with paypal.

Does CMC have a minimum balance requirement to start, and do they accept PayPal?

I chcecked out their demo, everything was very good except one thing - it does not allow end of day order placement. Is this only because of a demo account, or is the live account like this too?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not too sure on that. But I like the many CFD stocks that CMC offers... but can an experienced CMC user aid me in my questions in my previous post please?

Also... I like GCItrading, but the min. deposit is too big for me (2000 USD), so can anyone recommend to me a CFD broker that has easier account set up than CMC (too much paperwork), accepts PayPal, and preferred min. deposit is below $1000?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just and update, I'm using plus500 and they added paypal some weeks ago.
gl
Ari