Best CFD account with DMA?

Repsolkid

Hi all
I have been using IG markets for my CFDs for quite a few years now, but they can be quite frustrating when it comes to certain AIM stocks.

If a particular stock gets increased attention after news etc, they switch to phone only, which is not helpful
AND....
A lot of stocks I want to short I more often than not get blocked from opening a short to open, which to me kind of makes it pointless using them.

Anyone have any suggestions / recommendations of CFD accounts they use on a regular basis?

Key things for me, are ability to withdraw money easily, be able to short when I want, and must have Direct Market Access

Thanks in advance
Rep

Hi all
I have been using IG markets for my CFDs for quite a few years now, but they can be quite frustrating when it comes to certain AIM stocks.

If a particular stock gets increased attention after news etc, they switch to phone only, which is not helpful
AND....
A lot of stocks I want to short I more often than not get blocked from opening a short to open, which to me kind of makes it pointless using them.

Anyone have any suggestions / recommendations of CFD accounts they use on a regular basis?

Key things for me, are ability to withdraw money easily, be able to short when I want, and must have Direct Market Access

Thanks in advance
Rep

Hey Rep

Sorry I cant help but I feel your CFD pain. I used to have an account with MF Global for CFDs they were big in that market (luckily I closed it prior to them going under).

I trade futures intraday predominantly spreads and I also trade stock pairs using IG CFDs. The charges are high and I would very much like to find a provider who has lower long interest, short interest and stock borrowing fees. I hold positions for between 1 and 20 days.

Hopefully someone can suggest a decent CFD provider for European stocks.

GTTY

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

AND....

Thanks in advance
Rep

I think they have no choice but to switch to phone dealing because AIM stocks are illiquid. When these things go haywire, online dealing is not feasible (not sure of the ins and outs, but it’s to do with liquidity) and phone dealing is the only option. My understanding is that this will happen regardless of the broker you use, also whether or not you’re using CFDs or conventionals.

The same goes for shorting. Sometimes, some stocks can’t be borrowed, which means you can’t short sell them. Again, I’m fairly sure this isn’t specific to IG, but would apply to all brokers.

I use Accendo Markets on the rare occasion that I dabble in AIM via CFDs, with DMA, L2 etc. Of course the same things can occur there. They’re helpful when it comes to working orders etc, particularly with AIMs.

Above is my understanding – can anyone add a bit more meat?

all of them the same

hi
with long time experience (ig index ) is the best from all of them

and all other brokers the same use same technique and juggling the prices to avoid any one open position on the crucial time where the market volatile and obvious trend of it

you could not trust all of these small brokers (this what i called them because they just want people to lose and not accept someone to make money

how if you use spread co or capital spread /you will become mad of them

i just had bad experience with GFTUK who is not happy of someone winning all the times

hi

and all other brokers the same use same technique and juggling the prices to avoid any one open position on the crucial time where the market volatile and obvious trend of it

you could not trust all of these small brokers (this what i called them because they just want people to lose and not accept someone to make money

i just had bad experience with GFTUK who is not happy of someone winning all the times
What happened to you with GFT and how was you experience trading live with Spreadco?

HI
GFTUK big company and very difficult to someone to discover their real ugly face unless you involve on daily success trading like me

i use to have account with them for years but i don't trade that much and most the times i lose and if i win i win small amount but

at the end of last year i start to make money on every day and i start to fell that they are not happy and trust me i did nothing wrong with them ,

they close my account after they start first on purpose delay my trade exceptions

and spread co is the very small broker belong to individual person and trust me don't trade with them because they are no much different than binary option companies base on cyprus

hi

Hi,

I assume you are spread betting?I have had artificial spikes before whilst spread betting but this is unfortunately the nature of spread betting. Have you tried using CFDs, in particular, via DMA? (direct market access). This will ensure you don’t get the wrong pricing as the prices you get are from underlying market, not a synthetic one.

thanks

hi
i just now doing my search to do that with the right DMA

AND YOU ARE RIGHT DMA is the right and fair one to do your trades

You are welcome Seti2. Let us know how it is going with DMA CFDs. First time, I Google it and got lots of research materials online.

hi
i just now doing my search to do that with the right DMA

AND YOU ARE RIGHT DMA is the right and fair one to do your trades
Yes, but they usually don't give you enough leverage and you pay for it quite a lot. CFDs for indices based on the futures are very expensive. If you find a good company in this regard would be nice.

Im pretty sure DMA CFDs is expensive for daytrading. I believe IG DMA CFDs charge 0.1% and around £8 per trade, if im right.