Best Broker as of March 2008

gtatix

I live in Canada so am deciding on the best broker/dealer to deal with. My problem is that some of the attractiveness of one or two brokers is blown away by their totally ****ty trading platform. Oanada comes to mind. They look great, are among - if not the largest - non-bank dealer in the West [not sure about around the world] but their trading platform doesn't offer many timeframes. They don't have a 4hr for example which turns me off immediately. FXCM has a lot to offer. Low pips like 1 to 2 on the EURUSD. Trading platform not bad but you can't reduce the size of the windows below the main chart! How useless is that? CMS charts are excellent but I hear they are not too good to deal with. Gain or forex.com looks good - but there is this fear of the potential for a corrupt desk. I am currently using the GFT platform. It has a lot to offer but their help section sucks. It reads like some patheticaly translated Chinese manual. I can't find Fib lines - horizontal retracements etc. They are supposed to be there but??? I need to read a lot more on how to use the platform. It is not very user friendly and there doesn't seem to be a way of showing where you are with big clear labels. Like EURUSD 4hr CHARTit seems tucked away in a corner somewhere. You have to dig through a fair bit of crap and info to find what you want. Go to the help section and look under "F" NOTHING appears as per Fibonacci!! What to do? I am just sort of rambling because I am confused as to which broker to go live with this week. Starting small with $1000 US. My goal is insane: $1M in 2 years. This ought to get several laughs but....whatever. Any input on the following brokers. I have narrowed my interest - based on using each for a total of many months - to the following: What I MUST have most of all is a useful - not limited - trading platform that has clear and easy to find help sections. More than enough timeframes - no 4hr; forget it for example. Easy to execute trading from the platform. Easy to find and click from area to area - mainly within the charts and sub-charts and openned and pending orders etc. The last dealer I added here is smaller and where I kind of started after reading Jared Martinez's book. The book had so many typos and ambiguous statements that I lost interest in dealing with them. Yet they keep sending me invitations to join LIVE Webinars that show 20+ pip sessions LIVE. Are they live? Has anyone seen one or more?

GFT Forex Market & Online Forex Trading - Global Forex Trading
FXCM Forex | currency trading | forex trading | forex broker
OANDA OANDA, The Currency Site: Foreign Exchange Services and Trading
GAIN GAIN Capital | 24hr forex trading | forex white label solutions | managed accounts
CMS Forex, Online Currency Trading, Forex Trading, Currency Trading - CMS Forex
MTI MARKET TRADERS INSTITUTE | CEO jared F. Martinez - FXChief forex training and education, about mti market traders institute The 10 Essentials of Forex Trading currency by Jared F Martinez money traders lessons tutorials and online trading

Try Interactive Brokers for a decent api interface to forex etc

Try Sierra Chart to chart IB data, do order entry, and do autotrading.

Try Interactive Brokers for a decent api interface to forex etc

Try Sierra Chart to chart IB data, do order entry, and do autotrading.

Any views on best Commodity broker and platform. Iam looking for a futures broker who has good commodity coverage...

Hello gtatix,

I live in Canada...East . I'm looking for a forex broker myself. Most if not all are corrupt..desk dealing. I'm a emini trader on S&P, YM..more swing than daytrading..kind of combination..I call it getting pts the easier way.

Daytrading is a pain...trading should be about freedom..so options..and swing trading is more about freedom..than sitting in front of the computer all day.

I plan to start commodity option trading and have heard of Orion as being good. Have to check them out. There are no good commodity brokers in Canada that I know of...as a matter of fact there are not good emini futures brokers for ES, YM, NQ and ER in Canada.

Interactive Brokers I heard is good price wise for options..commission wise on emini YM, ES, ER, options...don't know about the Canadian outfit....IB futures plaftorm suck on futures..the charts....although the commish maybe good.

Apart from looking into forex, and commodity options...as mentioned trade emini options...so will check out IB and see.

Yes, I digress...but does anybody know of a good Corn/wheat or soybeans daytrading service??? I like the corn mkt hours...9:30 CST to 2:15 CST or is it 1:15 CST.

Less headache than trading daytrading financial indicies...$50 a pt....

All input is appreciated.

IB is good for anything incl honest forex except charting.

Sierra Chart will provide that half of the equation + chart based order entry.

Re your request for subscription signal services you probably won't get much response. Generally that's regarded as a step on the path to becoming a trader that should be skipped over asap.

What about other canadian services like

Questtrade?
or
MF Global FX Trading Station?

or would it be best of all to get a usa account
and trade with Meta Trade 4?

Im surprized that you guys picked

IB with the Siera tading platform and I was hoping u could elaborate more
on why u think thats the best choice canadians have for forex trading.

Thanks a bunch!

Indofear

What about other canadian services like

Questtrade?
or
MF Global FX Trading Station?

or would it be best of all to get a usa account
and trade with Meta Trade 4?

Im surprized that you guys picked

IB with the Siera tading platform and I was hoping u could elaborate more
on why u think thats the best choice canadians have for forex trading.

Thanks a bunch!

Indofear

Hi,

it would be interesting to look over the fence. I trade MT4 with fxcast.com - no bad experience. The only thing I see is that their chart is fast as hell. Never seen such a thing before. Compared them to some US brokers - they have 10 times mor ticks than any other. :devilish:

After some investigation I could not find any negative remark in any forum (which I can read :cheesy: , China or Indonesia is a bit hard to read :eek: )

My experience is good so far - after I have done some work with my s/l I was not kicked out anymore. I found their fxcastteam.com great - a broker who supports his partners - not a bad sign.

By the way - regarding the charts I found an interesting article: Different Charts with Different Brokers Allforexworld.com Discover what is backstage.

Have fun with your due diligence. If more info needed , I will watch this here.