Behavioural Telephone interviews

squidgy_wiji

Hey I have a behavioural telephone interview at UBS for a summer intership in Sales and trading. Does anyone know what type of questions i can expect? They said i will have to do a psychometric test as well later in the week.

Make up a very good story ? lol

Behavioural Interview Questions, also called Situational, are used as a tool in job interviews to discover how your performance in a previous job may contribute to your future performance in the role being recruited for.

Behavioural Interviewing is becoming increasingly common and is used by many large organisations such as BT, Accenture and many of the large banking organisations.

The basic theory is that past behaviour in work related situations can be used as a predictor of future performance and studies have shown this technique to be about 5 times more accurate than traditional interview questions when selecting new employees.
How Behavioural Interview Questions Work

When using behavioural interviewing techniques the interviewer will ask open-ended interview questions relating to your behaviour in past situations and will try to match these with the pre-set requirements of the role.

These Behaviour Based Interview Questions require you to provide specific examples of what you have done in the past and usually take the form of:

* Tell me about a time when you...
* Give an example of a situation...
* Describe a situation...

They are designed to gather detailed evidence and you will find that once you have given your answer the interviewer will probe deeper and may pick certain aspects to investigate further.

Be prepared for follow on questions such as:

* How exactly did you do that?
* Tell me exactly what steps you took to resolve that
* What was the basis for that decision?

By delving deeper into the detail of your answer the interviewer knows that it becomes very difficult for you to sustain a fabricated story.

Behavioural Interview Questions Explained