Beat The Broker Compo!

Mic - put in a few ETX mugs and mouse mats for goose to take to the office too!

:D

The missus has already claimed the ipod - page 38!
Just as well I didn't pass it off as a present if it is going to be branded.
Dilesh - thanks, but do one! :)

On the issue of the 20k prize, there's no way on earth my name has gone into that draw but if I did win it, I wouldn't split it with strangers

Ian

:D

The missus has already claimed the ipod - page 38!
Just as well I didn't pass it off as a present if it is going to be branded.
Dilesh - thanks, but do one! :)

On the issue of the 20k prize, there's no way on earth my name has gone into that draw but if I did win it, I wouldn't split it with strangers

Ian

Ok, one last try, everyone, and I mean everyone who beat me goes into the draw. The rules are there for all to see and the only spreadbetting people who weren't allowed to play were my colleagues. I don't know if you are the only oppo in there but I would doubt it.

The only person from ETX in the comp. was me, anyone who beat me is in the draw, which includes Goose who works at a rival sb company and he will soon be in possesion of an ETX branded Ipod touch.

Sorry Mic,
Didn't see this.

So when are we going for those drinks? i'll stay quiet, honest Guv!

I'm trying to respond to a private message and the system isn't letting me, why do I need to type in the two words when I am REPLYING to a message, particulary when I haven't got a clue what they are - see attachment

I apologise to the person who sent me the message, i'm am trying though!

Attachments

• screen.doc
    173 KB · Views: 183
Sorry Mic,
Didn't see this.

So when are we going for those drinks? i'll stay quiet, honest Guv!

No problem, as for the drinks am happy any time. Arrange with the people on the board give me some options as you know late shifts are a requirement!

I'm trying to respond to a private message and the system isn't letting me, why do I need to type in the two words when I am REPLYING to a message, particulary when I haven't got a clue what they are - see attachment

I apologise to the person who sent me the message, i'm am trying though!

:cheesy:
I had exactly the same thing the other day; totally illegible. I had to keep refreshing the message until I eventually got a word I could decipher. Like you Ian, I really can't see the purpose in it. There's less security to access my broker account than there is to send someone a PM here on T2W!!!
Tim.

:cheesy:
I had exactly the same thing the other day; totally illegible. I had to keep refreshing the message until I eventually got a word I could decipher. Like you Ian, I really can't see the purpose in it. There's less security to access my broker account than there is to send someone a PM here on T2W!!!
Tim.

This measure was put in place after the multiple waves of chinese registered multi spammers attacked the boards....believe me it was and is neccessary (y)

Check out the feeback forum for more details

This measure was put in place after the multiple waves of chinese registered multi spammers attacked the boards....believe me it was and is neccessary (y)

Check out the feeback forum for more details

Oh, fair play c_v - if it achieves that aim - then I'm all for it and retract my uninformed remarks wholeheartedly and without any reservation whatsoever! Ferkin' spammers - they're a complete pain in the arrrrse!

Do we have a winner yet?

exactly what i was thinking, after that pre-budget report :LOL: we are all going to need the money now :p p.s will the last trader leaving for Dubai switch off their 9 trading screens.

Last edited:
Do we have a winner yet?
I think the draw is next Monday 1st December, so we'll all just have to be patient. On that note, all I can say is that it's a good job that Mrs. timsk isn't in the draw. But don't tell her I said that, or I might find myself testicularly challenged.

I think the draw is next Monday 1st December, so we'll all just have to be patient. On that note, all I can say is that it's a good job that Mrs. timsk isn't in the draw. But don't tell her I said that, or I might find myself testicularly challenged.

According to their website it was this afternoon.
I'm still waiting for the e mail.

They won't announce the winner immediately even if they have picked the person. The reason being is, the person needs to be eligible for having an account with them. So, they will go through the checking process etc before declaring the winner. It says in the terms something about if they turn out not to be eligible they will select another winner.

The winner might already know if they have won or not- so come on, speak up!

Me too
Told you they wouldn't enter me into the draw (only joking Mic, calm down)

Guys, Thanks to all whoo boosted my rep. I would like to return the favour (to those who have made this thread interesting)

Just one question

How do I do it?

Lol, i think i got out that short a bit too early...

8600 to 8330 in 8 minutes. 2 minutes to cover 150 points!

Lol, i think i got out that short a bit too early...

8600 to 8330 in 8 minutes. 2 minutes to cover 150 points!

dropped 250 pts in 3 mins and recovered 150 in 3 mins. Mental, I was predicting a 8600 close 8400 at the mo. crazy

i just clicked on the league table option by accident:-0 and its still updating, i stuck £200 long on the dow this morning and after 40k profit ive shot up the table :LOL: