BBC The Apprentice Stock Market Traders Show

Legendary quote Mike Baghdadi made there. Losses are not losses but a cost of doing business you cannot predict the future so it comes at a cost! No wonder 95% of people run away from trading.

I've read much about Mike Baghdady on T2W, none of it complimentary, so that will be interesting. I suspect we will learn not much about trading but quite a lot about the individuals involved. But that's TV.

His profile says he has employed Edna, the just-fired Apprentice contestant. So that's saying something. I'm not sure what.

not so sure this will be shown on tv at all let alone the bbc, think they were just comparing the format to the apprentice??

You're right - nothing on BBC about this. Shame.

should imagine the beeb have had enough of trading shows after the last one (million dollar traders) when half of the 'cast' walked out.

just can't see the bbc getting involved in their grand publicity stunt. though others in the media have fallen for it hook, line and sinker :-0

their motivation is clearly to sell courses. that's the only reason tt posted on t2w boards, to spam off their seminars.

lol...professional poker player :LOL: Never heard of the guy and I know a little about the scene.

Found this on him: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=43101

So he made about £24k in 2005 in poker tournaments but it's not all profit, fronting for a crappy site and not known at all in the cash games. What a dimwit! The answers he came up with were hilarious and full of tripe.

Did they say they have 3 years to prove themselves? :-0 I can tell this series is going to make me want to throw stuff at a TV and it's just a media campaign for the company but maybe i'll catch some of it if I remember.

just can't see the bbc getting involved in their grand publicity stunt. though others in the media have fallen for it hook, line and sinker :-0

their motivation is clearly to sell courses. that's the only reason tt posted on t2w boards, to spam off their seminars.

This must have gone on for 9 months now and they still havnt started so yes of course its all just free publicity to sell courses. You'd think a proper journalist would have done some background checks before running something like this.

To be honest pboyles as you might have noticed from my other posts regarding mike's threads that I am actually one of the people that took the courses.

The information provided in the course cannot be disputed or termed as scam and also it cannot be said that something unique was offered and most of it is available for free. Basic principles of trend trading of buying breakouts. This is what is really actually needed to make decisions in the market. The simpler it is the better. The concept to really grasp is managing money or managing losses.

The real difference occurs when you use money management. Two people taking the same information that TT gives out can turn up with different results all summed up under their respective risk management levels.

You can make millions buying breakouts or can be broke in 24 hours. The key is money management.

To be honest pboyles as you might have noticed from my other posts regarding mike's threads that I am actually one of the people that took the courses.

The information provided in the course cannot be disputed or termed as scam and also it cannot be said that something unique was offered and most of it is available for free. Basic principles of trend trading of buying breakouts. This is what is really actually needed to make decisions in the market. The simpler it is the better. The concept to really grasp is managing money or managing losses.

The real difference occurs when you use money management. Two people taking the same information that TT gives out can turn up with different results all summed up under their respective risk management levels.

You can make millions buying breakouts or can be broke in 24 hours. The key is money management.

How much did you pay, over what terms and how long was the course, and on reflection what kind of fee d'ya reckon would offer excellent value for money?

How much did you pay, over what terms and how long was the course, and on reflection what kind of fee d'ya reckon would offer excellent value for money?

I think it was around $4kish. I do not remember the exact figure. The course length was about 4 to 5 days. This course is good for someone who is new to the trading world as it gives out a clear perspective on following price action. Many start from short cuts by buying automated systems and are dumped into magical indicators. This money many lose to the market anyways.

For someone who has read and understands breakout trading, the value is virtually zero. Everything you need to study about breakout trading is available on the internet for free. Before I took the course I was just looking at the charts and figuring out indicators. Then later I learnt that neither price action or other analysis works consistently. Nothing in the market works consistently. Only thing you can do is to control your losses when you are wrong and milk the profits when you are right as much as you can. You can do this more often if you trade LESS. LESS IS MORE. I am a retard when it comes to day trading and a happy one at that. It seems the less I trade the more calm I am in case of losses as well as wins. I am in a S&P CFD trade since 23rd May and do not plan to cover my short until the trend is over which may take days or weeks or months. I do not know or care. This trade is currently $3k in profit. I am happy with even half that or even a loss in the end of the day as long as I followed the rule and lost. I could not care less about this. I used to care about this earlier when I was losing most of the time.

From what I have learnt and experimented so far, there is nothing fancy to learn about market anyways. The basic concepts can be learned in one week and that is what is enough to learn and trade. The most important thing is money management or dealing with losses in a mathematical manner. That is really what trading is about. I am firm believer of this. I actually started making money when I looked at calculated transactions based on losses incurred and not if im right or wrong.

Trading less and just managing losses. That is the only way to make money.

Last edited:
i'd feel really gutted to cough up 4k only to find said info was free and available on the interwebs :cry:

Yes it did **** me off a lot but then this is life. You live and you learn and you move on. Overall I am not completely disappointed. If anything it made me want to learn more and more but later what I found out that the LESS I learnt about anything new the better it was. Stick to the basics and manage losses and you would be well ahead of the game. The technique does not matter. What matters is keeping losses less.

Last edited:
The comments have never been about course content, they have been concerned with the fabricated testimonials and the fact that he makes no money from trading, just from flogging courses. Having said that spending thousands to learn how to trade breakouts probably isnt fantastic value but thats your choice I suppose.

When I took it I was a newbie. That is their advantage. Live and learn I say always.

I think it was around $4kish. I do not remember the exact figure. The course length was about 4 to 5 days. This course is good for someone who is new to the trading world as it gives out a clear perspective on following price action. Many start from short cuts by buying automated systems and are dumped into magical indicators. This money many lose to the market anyways.

For someone who has read and understands breakout trading, the value is virtually zero. Everything you need to study about breakout trading is available on the internet for free. Before I took the course I was just looking at the charts and figuring out indicators. Then later I learnt that neither price action or other analysis works consistently. Nothing in the market works consistently. Only thing you can do is to control your losses when you are wrong and milk the profits when you are right as much as you can. You can do this more often if you trade LESS. LESS IS MORE. I am a retard when it comes to day trading and a happy one at that. It seems the less I trade the more calm I am in case of losses as well as wins. I am in a S&P CFD trade since 23rd May and do not plan to cover my short until the trend is over which may take days or weeks or months. I do not know or care. This trade is currently $3k in profit. I am happy with even half that or even a loss in the end of the day as long as I followed the rule and lost. I could not care less about this. I used to care about this earlier when I was losing most of the time.

From what I have learnt and experimented so far, there is nothing fancy to learn about market anyways. The basic concepts can be learned in one week and that is what is enough to learn and trade. The most important thing is money management or dealing with losses in a mathematical manner. That is really what trading is about. I am firm believer of this. I actually started making money when I looked at calculated transactions based on losses incurred and not if im right or wrong.

Trading less and just managing losses. That is the only way to make money.

You're making a lot of sense there buddy, the reason I asked about the price is I discussed a while back with a couple of the regulars on 'ere what would be good value for a real course run by a few real traders who walk the walk..

Came to the conclusion that hiring a hotel for a weekend in (for example) Manchester, starting the course on Fri afternoon, finishing on Monday morning, for 750 quid lncluding accommodation, food and tickets to City or Utd on the Sat followed by a decent night out or at the hotel would be about right...Should leave the promoter with about 300/400 quid per applicant.

Starting to take a few FX trades Sun eve/Mon morning (hopefully profitably using the methods discussed Fri -Sun) + all the real life crowd-sourcing could really work imho..