BBC fiasco

Pat494

Legendary member
No wonder the BBC is short of money even though they raise all those millions from the public. They employ pretty ordinary folk at vast expense. Is Linker really worth £1.7 million per year ? Definitely not in my opinion. That is nearly 10 times what the Prime Minister gets. Alright he sounds like a decent sort with a big smile but imho not worth that much to commentate etc.

The programmes they currently produce are so many shades of pot boiler and 2nd rate. The greedy money suckers have obviously taken over.
Many over 75s can't afford to pay for a TV licence on the piddling little pensions offered by the present Govt.

1. If pensions were all put into 1 pot and shared equally it would cost nothing extra.
2. It would greatly increase the " money churn " and therefore benefit the entire country.
3, The pensioners would have something to look forward to in their last few years.
4, It would greatly foster a communal effort.
5. The rich don't need even more money from huge pensions. They have plenty already.
6. Many older people would do a really good job of starting new businesses with their expertise.

Last edited:
I understand that the BBC is high up on the Brexit Party's list of things to be "sorted out". Let's hope they get the opportunity – none of the present crowd will dare to touch it.

There seems to be a rich boys club that gives very well paid jobs to their friends etc.
How much do the BBC bosses give themselves ?
For poor quality programmes. The blue planet programme is the only decent one.
From a benevolent institution who encouraged great comedy shows and drama productions to its present lacklustre state.
Sack the toads at the top imho and get some talent in.

Last edited:
Hopefully the BBC bosses will respond properly and quickly. Probably the last to know their content is such a load of c**p

I know that I have mentioned it before but listening to radio 4's and BBC's news is very demoralizing. The worst people on the planet e.g. murderers. terrorists etc get most of the coverage together with disasters. YUK YUK.
Do I really want to know that umpteen people have been massacred in Sri Lanks for instance ? Not really and it is not because I don't care.
My proposal for the BBC news is to have it as usual on the news channel but on BBC 2 have just the good news. I would rather hear about the achievements of people, not their deaths !!

Last edited:
If the BBC fatcats had 2 working braincells between them they would have started a BBC service similar but better than U-tube.

just wish i could get a job there......like most public sector industries its easy street...

This is how the bosses at the BBC waste licence fee money.
The modern programmes except blue planet leave much to be desired.

Stop paying the license fee, it's going to be the only lesson we can teach them.

Everything you need to know about the BBC is here:

"New Culture Forum director, Peter Whittle, sits down with journalist Robin Aitken to discuss his new book: The Noble Liar: How and Why the BBC Distorts the News to Promote a Liberal Agenda. "

Aitken worked at the BBC – so he knows what he's talking about.

"New Culture Forum director, Peter Whittle, sits down with journalist Robin Aitken to discuss his new book: The Noble Liar: How and Why the BBC Distorts the News to Promote a Liberal Agenda."
Aitken worked at the BBC – so he knows what he's talking about.
Anyone interested in this would do well to watch/listen to the interview in the same series with Rod Liddle. He says much the same thing as Aitken and his views are relevant as he's a former editor of BBC Radio 4s flagship Today programme. Even John Humphries acknowledged in an interview he did after he retired that the BBC has a liberal agenda!
Tim.

The old TV channels have been made out of date by the internet. Their programmes are set for a fixed time and are not really accessible instantly and to order. The TV bosses should be earning their huge salaries and competing not just carrying on in the same ole way and withering.

The old TV channels have been made out of date by the internet. Their programmes are set for a fixed time and are not really accessible instantly and to order. The TV bosses should be earning their huge salaries and competing not just carrying on in the same ole way and withering.

"same old thing" is exactly what's going on.

The BBC in particular blame competing media and new alternative sources of entertainment for declining TV audiences. But then even through the Christmas peak viewing season, they churn out the same programme of viewing as the year before and the year before that. Maybe with a bit of Christmas tinsel draped over them. Can they be so blind? Are they literally trying to drive people away?

Anyone interested in this would do well to watch/listen to the interview in the same series with Rod Liddle. He says much the same thing as Aitken and his views are relevant as he's a former editor of BBC Radio 4s flagship Today programme. Even John Humphries acknowledged in an interview he did after he retired that the BBC has a liberal agenda!
Tim.

HNY Tim.
We have plenty of references on T2W to the MSM, BBC agenda going back many years and way before Brexit. Thankfully, yourself included, many people have done their own research and come to the conclusion that they had been conned into believing that they were being told truth. These ex BBC presenters are very late to the party, but understandably were not able to speak out sooner. Oh well, better late than never. (y)

BBC needs to really sharpen up their commercial division ......to much public sector luvviness and naivity in there......once they start getting smarter and wealthier they can stop haranguing old people for money ....bad PR !!!

"same old thing" is exactly what's going on.

The BBC in particular blame competing media and new alternative sources of entertainment for declining TV audiences. But then even through the Christmas peak viewing season, they churn out the same programme of viewing as the year before and the year before that. Maybe with a bit of Christmas tinsel draped over them. Can they be so blind? Are they literally trying to drive people away?

adapt to survive - partner and JV seem obvious ideas for me .....its not 1955 for christs sake

Would you trust this man with a multi million pound project ?
BBC  boss.PNG

Someone I know who works for the Beeb or so I thought. He says that the Beeb sold off his department to the MacQuarrie Bank who have sold it on to another foreign company. No doubt someone pocketed the profit ??
The grinning guy above is none other than Ken MacQuarrie, boss of the BBC. ! What a coincidence.

Last edited:
Looks to me that's it is the usual stitch up of the best British companies and pocketing the profits.
Just how much of the British Broadcasting Company is actually still British >