Based in UK US futures Broker Taxation


Hi everybody. I have a question about a US taxation for someone based in UK. I started filling W8 form for my broker and it says that if I want to claim of tax treaty benefits i need to have the US taxpayer identification number. I phoned to IRS they told me that I have to be utilizing the services of a gaming official as an IRS ITIN Acceptance Agent. Should I claim tax treaty benefits at all? Does it make sense? Can anyone help with this? Or maybe you can suggest any good accountant regarding that issue


Active member
Use a UK futures broker! Berkeley futures-reliable but expensive. Interactive brokers, hard to set up with charts/permissions etc initially but is good. Note, you will have profits in USD if trading in EURUSD so need to convert to £, only $2.50 conversionm charge at spot rate (I have gbp acct with them). Like I said, they're tough to get your head round, but when you do I think it's worth it-cheap commission too, about $3.50 per round trip on currency/index futures
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks