Banned from the Bookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
I am no gambler - but do have the odd punt on the Derby or Champions League Final etc etc

In today's world though with the Internet you can gather so much information quickly to assist you taking higher probability bets -

Every week you hear about the odd punter who's had an accumulator on five or more football teams winning and stuck £2 or £5 on and ended up winning anything from £10k to £40 k and one I heard recently over £100k

Ok not as good as winning £1 million plus off a big national Lottery - but there again we all know the odds have risen recently from what 14 million to one to double that now

Interesting article and you can see this happening more in the future

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34550617

Betting agencies are different as then its punter against punter - a bit like many think happens trading through spreadbetting brokers - ie the 75- 90% losers make the profit for the winners and the broker.

What will happen next?

Will the increased knowledge available through the net - will we end up like in the unregulated FX markets - ie more manipulation and cheating that is so obvious - but even legal in many cases - that's if you have the clout to move price what ever way you want.

Stats are so important for both pure betting and even trading

Will even the stats start to become manipulated or not so wildly available ?

Maybe its about time the Larger Bookmaking companies employ Goldman Sachs to advise them - I am sure they will find a way to help them :LOL:

Strange, I am actually very successful with my brokers and am frequently able to negotiate better terms where others can't. I use a little known technique where i find certain dogs run faster 9 minutes to the hour and 9 minutes past..I can even tell in advance which days will be better than others so much so that i have never had a losing day in the last 3 years
the doggie tease zone i call it. I may just set up a thread so everyone can learn it

Strange, I am actually very successful with my brokers and am frequently able to negotiate better terms where others can't. I use a little known technique where i find certain dogs run faster 9 minutes to the hour and 9 minutes past..I can even tell in advance which days will be better than others so much so that i have never had a losing day in the last 3 years
the doggie tease zone i call it. I may just set up a thread so everyone can learn it
That sounds fantastic. Could you post up the details for a limited amount time please?
Ive many many hours at the dog track but sadly as yet been unable to turn a real profit, but,,, am having good feels regarding your method already. (y)

That sounds fantastic. Could you post up the details for a limited amount time please?
Ive many many hours at the dog track but sadly as yet been unable to turn a real profit, but,,, am having good feels regarding your method already. (y)

I will do Darktone, but so as not to disrupt this thread I'll send you a PM
must say thanks to FXmo for reminding me about this

Rofl - nice one (y)

I will do Darktone, but so as not to disrupt this thread I'll send you a PM
must say thanks to FXmo for reminding me about this
Thanks for your efforts mal, is really appreciated. In the same spirit I'll confirm the receipt of your pm with a pm of my own.
Cheers d

just in case anyone thinks this is a wind up, im being very serious
here is a page from the greyhound cards of the racing post today

9 minutes past the hour..
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a winner tonight

Attachments

• racing post.png
    racing post.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 185
just in case anyone thinks this is a wind up, im being very serious
here is a page from the greyhound cards of the racing post today

9 minutes past the hour..
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a winner tonight

GL - and racing post - a serious punter then ?

GL - and racing post - a serious punter then ?

Oh I'm no expert F, but the dtz took thousands upon thousands of hours of research before i finally found the pattern. of course i wasn't counting but i'd be very surprised if it was anything less than 9,999 hours of going through back issues of the racing post before the eureka moment hit me

But what about those countries and areas where there are 30 min or 45 min off sets from UTC whole hours?
Do the dogs have to be re-programmed when running there?

Status
Not open for further replies.