Bank Traders = Rubbish

lol, what do u have against Bank Traders cos it seems u have some kind of personal vendatta against them?.........thats my personal observation from most of ur posts i've read, maybe i'm wrong!!

well , they hold themselves out as the pinnacle of trading expertise and the entire media machine supports this .

I am just pointing out that this is patently FALSE , like going on one of these bogus courses I guess.

I am willing to back myself against ANY bank employed trader.

grubs50 said:
So r u talking from experience or u never got d chance to trade 4 one?

Bearing in mind he's just said he doesn't have enough capital to trade properly and so spread bets, I think its pretty safe to say he isn't ex-bank.

Might also explain why the only chance he has to see a decent P&L report is to keep asking others for theirs...

wysi

I've worked in finance for nearly 10 years , was with a bank as an options / futures broker . Sat next to the prop guy and saw what dogdung his job actually was , due to the ridiculous limitations bank PT's are under . Turned me right off , decided there and then that I would only PT for myself .

Number of years later , I did PT for a non Bank co. but end of the day I hated answering to some stupid boss.

* Might also explain why the only chance he has to see a decent P&L report is to keep asking others for theirs... *

Ah , I don't take lesson from wannabe PT's sacked by Goldman sux .

Look at the facts sucker , not 1 Bank fund in IASG's top 40 !!!
Difference = I believe facts , you love your Gsux fantasies .
It's ok I don't care , vive le difference .

Har Har Har.

Last edited:
Hello all ,

Have a look at this - Peter Young ex fund manager for Morgan Grenfell , now serving time for financial fraud .

Was revealed that he was a closet transexual and get this - TRIED TO CUT OFF HIS OWN GENITALS in order to facilitate such .

This is the kind of guy ( one in the middle ) you get if you put your money in Bank funds.

Attachments

• p.young.dmg.jpg
    p.young.dmg.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,964
Isnt that like saying that all General Practitioners are like Harold Shipman ?

Paul

Depends on what your view on GP's are . Some think they are Ok , some think they are total BS artists.

What is for sure is that PY is in jail and he is a transexual of sorts , and not 1 bank fund features in IASG's top 40 .

That is what this is saying .

mma said:
It's ok I don't care , vive le difference .

Har Har Har. [/B]

mma,

As you are talking about transexual matters, and just to add to your education, it should be

"Vive LA difference"....not "Le" difference.

ah , le la , I leave that for the transexual experts .

meanwhile you be glad to know I have more bank expose's lined up .

So the UBS fund at 38 by last 12 months returns is not a bank fund then :cheesy:

Also DE Shaw started out as a top secret prop outfit at Morgan Stanley.

Mac

* So the UBS fund at 38 by last 12 months returns is not a bank fund then *

38 ? is that all , I wouldn't look at anything out of the top ten

* Also DE Shaw started out as a top secret prop outfit at Morgan Stanley. *

Who ???

mma, I hate to interrupt your weekly rant against Prop traders/hedge fund traders/aliens from mars( or whatever your latest conspiracy theory is) BUT.. Peter Young as you point out was a fund manager. NOT a prop trader. Not a bank trader. But a PM - they are NOT traders. They are investors. For someone who claims to have worked in "finance" you seem to have a fairly poor grasp of what any kind of trader does as vs a portfolio manager.

mma said:
Hello all ,

Have a look at this - Peter Young ex fund manager for Morgan Grenfell , now serving time for financial fraud .

Was revealed that he was a closet transexual and get this - TRIED TO CUT OFF HIS OWN GENITALS in order to facilitate such .

This is the kind of guy ( one in the middle ) you get if you put your money in Bank funds.

mma

yep, i am real confused by this as well - whilst discussing big funds etc has fuck all to do with trading markets - you do seem to have little or no knowledge of large financial institutions and what they actually do

ironically the type of trading you seem to favour is exactly what the large funds that seek money off private investor tend to promote as well - "the safety of longer term trading", otherwise known as - give us your money and we will piss it away, but we will of course take a nice cut out the front end and a cut of brokerage fees we incur while we are at it!

did you work for the marketing department of a big fund fleecing private investors

I feel it is very destructive to always compare oneself to others. Why? Because you are setting yourself up for the inevitable conflict. You have no control over others, therefore there is a very real possibility that the constrast will persist. The real success in life is to realise that the only person you can control is your self. Stop worring about what others are doing or not doing. Instead embrace your own potential and praise yourself when you surpass your own internalised goals.
As someone once said " Life is what you dwell on. If you dwell on the negative, life is negative. If you dwell on the positive, life is positive.
I personally believe questioning the merits of bank traders etc.. falls into the negative camp and, anyway is a pointless discussion, as none of us can do anything about it.
Here endth the lesson. Lets get back to trading.

Really doesn't matter what you call him - the worst thing about it is that DMG would promote themselves are market * experts * while they hire transexuals to do their work . whatever way you cut it - it's F'ing BS simple as that !

* I personally believe questioning the merits of bank traders etc *

So do I . that's why I stick to the facts . IASG's rating is independant and not made up by me - bank traders are nowhere within the top 30 !

mma of course it fucking matters what we call him. He is not, never was a trader... what IS your problem?? we have been through this before. Bank traders results are not open to the public. Only open funds are. And then of course you're comparing PM's results. Are you telling me people such as Ian Wace ( ex Warburgs and DB) Michael Sherwood ( Goldmans) or Alan Howard ( ex CSFB) results when they trading for banks wouldn't have been highly rated?

Still talking of ratings, I see your warning level has now reached 6 - guess you must be pleased to actually be ranked highly for something.....