backtest + real-time alerts

ballz

1) Ive been using eSignal to backtest my strategies. The problem is that I can only backtest one symbol at a time. This results in me having to manually type in each symbol, copy and pasting results onto excel, then averaging.

Is there any platform which I can backtest multiple symbols? perhaps all the NYSE stocks?

2) To get alerts on when to buy, esignal will put a green arrow on the current bar (telling me I should get in). But the problem comes when I have to find these green arrows. I have to manually type in each symbol I want to check and look for the green arrow on the most current bar. It takes maybe 20-50 manual entries to finally find a stock with a "current" entry point.

Is there a way to get real time alerts on which stocks suddenly fulfill my formula conditions? Perhaps a different platform (which supports programming).

Thanks for any help. So tired of alt - tabbing.

Amibroker does portfolio backtesteing - you can test 10,000 stocks, or more, in one go.

You can also scan in real time - on however many stocks you get feed for.

UTB

1) Ive been using eSignal to backtest my strategies. The problem is that I can only backtest one symbol at a time. This results in me having to manually type in each symbol, copy and pasting results onto excel, then averaging.

Is there any platform which I can backtest multiple symbols? perhaps all the NYSE stocks?

2) To get alerts on when to buy, esignal will put a green arrow on the current bar (telling me I should get in). But the problem comes when I have to find these green arrows. I have to manually type in each symbol I want to check and look for the green arrow on the most current bar. It takes maybe 20-50 manual entries to finally find a stock with a "current" entry point.

Is there a way to get real time alerts on which stocks suddenly fulfill my formula conditions? Perhaps a different platform (which supports programming).

Thanks for any help. So tired of alt - tabbing.

I use NinjaTrader

Free for advanced charting, market analytics, system development, and trade simulation
You can download it from www.ninjatrader.com