Automated System¿

horace

Hi,

I'm actually trading forex with a mechanical system disgned and developed by myself.

Does somebody know of a broker that'll be willing to automate this system and trade my account in a fully automated manner?

My system is developed in a local spanish platform but the rules are very simple and can be programmed in any platfor whatsoever.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Regards,

Horace

Horace

Depending on the type of system or rather, depending on the type of data the system needs, there are many packages such as Tradestation, eSignal, Ninja that you'd be able to use for automation. If you are using bar data, then these systems are fine. If you are using the order book, then they probably won't be able to do what you need. These systems are fairly inexpensive and the most widely used by retail traders.

In this case, all of the code stays on your machine and the broker never sees it.

If you want to go through a broker, then Strategy Runner do execute systems for their customers. Your real problem is though - how do you trust the people you give it to ? If you give it your broker & they see you making money from it, don't you think they may just decide to have a little peek ?

My opinion is you are better off hosting the system yourself, building in the type of software & hardware redundancy you need to ensure you can comfortably leave it alone to trade.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pedro,

Thx very much for your answer. The issue is I simply do not believe you can reliably trade from your home/office automatically. There are so many things that can go wrong that setting up a correct arquitecture to trade would be so expensive that I don't think it would be worth the effort.

On the other side, at the moment I'm trading with some automated systems on my brokerd in a fully automated manner. Of course I fully disclosed my systems to them. There is no problem indeed. They signed a contract for me so they can't use the systems in any way except the indicated in the contract. I know contract is only paper, but i really don't mind. They are brokers, they don't need or want to sell systems or even make money with them. You know, they win whether we win or loose.

Your help has beed very valuable.

Regards,

Horace

It sounds like you solved your problem. If not, I'm playing with the idea of putting my automated system on google app engine. Then as long as google is up, the system is up.

Last edited:
You do not need any expensive architecture to execute automated trading from home.

What you need is software that never leaves you exposed at any time. So - with any trade placed, it should be placed in such a way that exit orders are attached.

Of course, the system could go down and it would place no more trades for you until you re-started but as long as you aren't left exposed in terms of having open trades with no exit orders - you should be fine.

Hi,

I'm actually trading forex with a mechanical system disgned and developed by myself.

Does somebody know of a broker that'll be willing to automate this system and trade my account in a fully automated manner?

My system is developed in a local spanish platform but the rules are very simple and can be programmed in any platfor whatsoever.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Regards,

Horace

Hi Horace,

The post is a little delayed since you originally made your post last month, but FXCM can automate your system using our API or other programs such as TradeStation, MT4, etc, and also has the ability to host systems on our servers while being monitored by the systems desk to increase reliability. Forex Programming Services| Learn Automated Trading Strategies

Jason

i heard rumors that most brokers has software monitoring which traders consistently make money, then copy the trades of those, and which traders just loose money and then take the other side of the trade. dont know it thats true and applies to all brokers, but i would keep my cards as close to myself as possible.