Auto close a spread bet at specific time

funkyronster

Hi. I am trying to find a way or platform to automatically close a spread bet at a specific time. Or if this is not possible, to close a UK100 bet at the daily trading close.

Is this possible?

Thanks

I've traded on I think 4 SB platforms from different firms and never seen any that offered this feature, though its not a bad idea.

If you found a platform that offered a facility for an order to be opened at a set time, that would be an indirect way of achieving what you're looking for - you could then set an opposite order for the position you have open: this would lock in whatever profits the first trade had accumulated by the set time. BUT I've never found that feature either.....

I've traded on I think 4 SB platforms from different firms and never seen any that offered this feature, though its not a bad idea.

If you found a platform that offered a facility for an order to be opened at a set time, that would be an indirect way of achieving what you're looking for - you could then set an opposite order for the position you have open: this would lock in whatever profits the first trade had accumulated by the set time. BUT I've never found that feature either.....
I am often in different time zones! I can manage to open positions, but closing them in the wee small hours is a pain! many of the info sites I have looked at talk about bets that expire or close at the end of the trading day, but I can't find any index trades that offer that - they all seem to run for years or full quarters.

Another problem is that all the big SB firms appear to run the FTSE100 as a 24 hour market. I only want to bet on a full trading day's action, not the weird machinations of a futures speculation between ones days close and the next open!