Auto close a spread bet at specific time

funkyronster

6 0
Hi. I am trying to find a way or platform to automatically close a spread bet at a specific time. Or if this is not possible, to close a UK100 bet at the daily trading close.

Is this possible?

Thanks

tomorton

Legendary member
8,420 1,343
I've traded on I think 4 SB platforms from different firms and never seen any that offered this feature, though its not a bad idea.

If you found a platform that offered a facility for an order to be opened at a set time, that would be an indirect way of achieving what you're looking for - you could then set an opposite order for the position you have open: this would lock in whatever profits the first trade had accumulated by the set time. BUT I've never found that feature either.....

Reactions: funkyronster

funkyronster

6 0
I've traded on I think 4 SB platforms from different firms and never seen any that offered this feature, though its not a bad idea.

If you found a platform that offered a facility for an order to be opened at a set time, that would be an indirect way of achieving what you're looking for - you could then set an opposite order for the position you have open: this would lock in whatever profits the first trade had accumulated by the set time. BUT I've never found that feature either.....
I am often in different time zones! I can manage to open positions, but closing them in the wee small hours is a pain! many of the info sites I have looked at talk about bets that expire or close at the end of the trading day, but I can't find any index trades that offer that - they all seem to run for years or full quarters.

funkyronster

6 0
Another problem is that all the big SB firms appear to run the FTSE100 as a 24 hour market. I only want to bet on a full trading day's action, not the weird machinations of a futures speculation between ones days close and the next open!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock