Article Art of War – Can it be Applied to Trading?

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
39,928 3,299
Yes, that was my point. Wouldn't you think it would be a good thing to be easily led to be successful in one, or more, areas of commerce? It's a lot easier to teach a young dog new tricks.
OK

I see what you are saying now

However in this trading "game" the real knowledge is not open to all - so really the trainers and the teachers etc etc - are teaching the young dogs all the wrong tricks

Maybe only 10% or less of the tutors or trainers are successful at the actual art - so you then think might the ones who are successful - trade - and dont educate or pass on their inner knowledge - whereas the others can really only make their main money by selling what knowledge they have - and not just from trading alone ?

That knowledge passed onto more young dogs - sees more failures - ie a repeat cycle

For me - the Industry - the market - the guru's the market analysis guys etc etc - are all my enemy - and so I don't believe them.

My trading knowledge had to come via "self taught" along with help that fitted in with what I already knew from my past journey.

Regards

F

AJStanbridge

17 2
False sentiment and deception. There is that. But primarily it is an individual's sentiments that are false and the deception played on oneself most often without conscious awareness that gives rise to the vast majority of situations where such charges are brought. There is the trickery and chicanery of the markets and the market players themselves, but the basis for these is known to all as in any game willingly enjoined, and it is to those with the greatest skills in understanding the rules and abilities to game the system to whom the greatest spoils accrue. Surely that is as it should be?

Not knowing your situation I can only hypothesise, but if you regularly make profits from your trading, do you stop to consider those from whom you take money may consider 'the industry and market' is their enemy rather then you and your superior trading activities? Who should they blame? You? The markets? Or themselves?

Reactions: Forexmospherian

AJStanbridge

17 2
OK

I see what you are saying now

However in this trading "game" the real knowledge is not open to all - so really the trainers and the teachers etc etc - are teaching the young dogs all the wrong tricks

Maybe only 10% or less of the tutors or trainers are successful at the actual art - so you then think might the ones who are successful - trade - and dont educate or pass on their inner knowledge - whereas the others can really only make their main money by selling what knowledge they have - and not just from trading alone ?

That knowledge passed onto more young dogs - sees more failures - ie a repeat cycle

For me - the Industry - the market - the guru's the market analysis guys etc etc - are all my enemy - and so I don't believe them.

My trading knowledge had to come via "self taught" along with help that fitted in with what I already knew from my past journey.

Regards

F
The 'real knowledge' is open to all. But few will make the considerable effort to obtain it. Those that can trade well do so and their skill is rarely teaching others. It is up to the acolyte to obtain as much as they can in the best way they can from those that can without expectations of having those skills dissected and structured in a way optimum to their own needs. Your point regarding teachers, trainers etc is very possible an astute one, but I have no direct experience.

As for 'the Industry - the market - the guru's the market analysis guys etc etc - are all my enemy ' as per my point made earlier - We have met the enemy and they are us.

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
39,928 3,299
False sentiment and deception. There is that. But primarily it is an individual's sentiments that are false and the deception played on oneself most often without conscious awareness that gives rise to the vast majority of situations where such charges are brought. There is the trickery and chicanery of the markets and the market players themselves, but the basis for these is known to all as in any game willingly enjoined, and it is to those with the greatest skills in understanding the rules and abilities to game the system to whom the greatest spoils accrue. Surely that is as it should be?

Not knowing your situation I can only hypothesise, but if you regularly make profits from your trading, do you stop to consider those from whom you take money may consider 'the industry and market' is their enemy rather then you and your superior trading activities? Who should they blame? You? The markets? Or themselves?
Yes - I would agree with you on these comments

The ones with the greatest skills in understanding the rules and the abilities to game the system - should be the ones who are rewarded with the greatest "spoils" -ie reward to their risk.

I also agree I am the enemy to the industry - in fact any continual winners who fall in the 10/15% continual success group - have in effect beaten the Industry - ie the Industry want as many losers as possible to fuel their gains

They know they cannot end up with 100% losers - no body would stay in trading - but also if over 30 -35% win - it can no longer be looked as tax free in the UK under spreadbetting- ( gambling laws)

So the Industry ideally wants say between 72 and 90 % of all traders to fail

And whats the best way to do that?

Make it difficult - fool as many as possible - but spread the word - its simple and easy

That's my take - so really I suppose we agree ;-)

Regards

F

MajorMagnuM

Legendary member
9,284 887
Yes, that was my point. Wouldn't you think it would be a good thing to be easily led to be successful in one, or more, areas of commerce? It's a lot easier to teach a young dog new tricks.
this depends on how well the dog can assimilate, or better, accommodate new information into their existing paradigm. This in itself requires conscious competence/incompetence

AJStanbridge

17 2
this depends on how well the dog can assimilate, or better, accommodate new information into their existing paradigm. This in itself requires conscious competence/incompetence
That is precisely my point. The less of an 'existing paradigm' there is, the less of an issue is the assimilation of new information. Which is why I'd be more interested in a career plumber as potential trader material than I would an economics, maths, physics PhD.