Article Art of War – Can it be Applied to Trading?

srusli

17 1
somehow , some of the intepertation is correct, other are ok, other are wrong
but the 'applied to trading' statement is sound
the sun tzu quote are also sound
but the two mixed together, some are not quite right

Gaz501

1 0
Proverbs::: If you do not Run,,you will get there in time!,,,,,,and your greatest enemy lies in the last place you would ever think to look,,,, A mans first and last point of defence is his mind,defeat this and you defeat him......................the key to sucsess Is to understand others( better than they understand themselfs). The only way to do this,is to look in the mirror and study yourself...
We are all 99 percent the same,,,in this simple realisation is immense power,,but it must be Realised first,,,then and only then can u understand others better,faster,more accurately gauge there intentions and actions versus there likely out come(((he realy wants to stop smoking))but only cos of finances,,not health,,,,,,his intentions are good,,reasons good,,,,,but not enuff ect,,,,,,,
Simply put,,,observe your own self in many situations,,and the side affect of this,is that you will understand others and there own actions,feelings,emotions,,,,in ways that make you the pupit master

followtheplan

3 0
Re: Art of War-Can It Applied to Trading?

I find that your interpretations were helpful. A successful trader needs to have a purpose(s) for this activity. Without a clear purpose, the trader will lose his focus and committment - even with winning trades. He will not try to continue the activity when he loses many trades in a row. Somebody trades for a himself to make a living. Somebody trades for an organization such as investment club, universtity retirement fund etc... In any case, the trader without a purpose will eventually end his trading career with defeated mind.

NVP

Legendary member
36,782 1,882
agreed 0007.........Sun Tzu's book is a master piece ....but in the right place for the right purposes
its certainly useful if you want to be a warlord in ancient china...will keep it around if that opportunity arises :p

Jamacia_Inn

3 1
I'd go along with most of that. Trading requires discipline and this applies to all members of the Armed Forces

AJStanbridge

17 2
Each of us is the sum total of everything we've read, heard, seen, thought and done. One book will not massively or indelibly change you from what you already are. Those with the best chance of success in any sphere will be those with the least amount of unnecessary baggage and with the greatest raw, natural talent for the task at hand.

I've yet to find any training programme produce anyone even close in instincts to those who come on board with the skills inbred. But if you're going to go for it, then by virtue of my opening sentence, throwing yourself at every book on the subject to the exclusion of everything else might provide you, in time, with the rudimentary prerequisites to take a shot at it with a better than evens chance of success.

It also follows from my opening premise that the less you already know, or think you know, that much easier will it be for you to influence yourself along the right channels. If the sum total of your knowledge is the size of an oil tanker, you'll find it that much harder to allow the insights from one book to turn your course than will the fellow in the little rowing boat. Which is why it is often those from the least likely backgrounds who seem to do so much better than those that have been more widely educated.

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
39,928 3,299
Each of us is the sum total of everything we've read, heard, seen, thought and done. One book will not massively or indelibly change you from what you already are. Those with the best chance of success in any sphere will be those with the least amount of unnecessary baggage and with the greatest raw, natural talent for the task at hand.

I've yet to find any training programme produce anyone even close in instincts to those who come on board with the skills inbred. But if you're going to go for it, then by virtue of my opening sentence, throwing yourself at every book on the subject to the exclusion of everything else might provide you, in time, with the rudimentary prerequisites to take a shot at it with a better than evens chance of success.

It also follows from my opening premise that the less you already know, or think you know, that much easier will it be for you to influence yourself along the right channels. If the sum total of your knowledge is the size of an oil tanker, you'll find it that much harder to allow the insights from one book to turn your course than will the fellow in the little rowing boat. Which is why it is often those from the least likely backgrounds who seem to do so much better than those that have been more widely educated.

Hi AJStanbridge

I am sure I know of you ??

Very interesting comments - and although I dont totally disagree - I would ask a question

Don't you think the guys who may not be so widely read - or lack a lot of knowledge of life - might be the the traders who are easiest led?

The Industry and the market are our enemy

They depend on tricking - by false sentiment and deception all types of traders - from the Mensa elite to the normal young housewife who as no A levels or degree.

Surely the ones lacking the most knowledge might be easily led ?

Only my own thoughts - but would love to know yours ??

Regards

F

AJStanbridge

17 2
Hi AJStanbridge

I am sure I know of you ??

Very interesting comments - and although I dont totally disagree - I would ask a question

Don't you think the guys who may not be so widely read - or lack a lot of knowledge of life - might be the the traders who are easiest led?

The Industry and the market are our enemy

They depend on tricking - by false sentiment and deception all types of traders - from the Mensa elite to the normal young housewife who as no A levels or degree.

Surely the ones lacking the most knowledge might be easily led ?

Only my own thoughts - but would love to know yours ??

Regards

F
Yes, that was my point. Wouldn't you think it would be a good thing to be easily led to be successful in one, or more, areas of commerce? It's a lot easier to teach a young dog new tricks.