arsu scam?

tobiasd

I've had calls from an Aaron King at anoutfit called ARSU (Asset Recovery Solutions)asking if I have shares in any of a list of companies that are now essentially worthless. They claim to be able to sell them for you to american companies that can use the writeoff to get some kind of tax credit , which sounds unlikely.

Has anyone heard of or had contact with them?

It sounds like a scam, but what is the scam?

The scam is that you'll have to pay some sort of administration charge to proceed with the transaction. They'll pocket the money and you'll never hear from them again.

They haven't said anything about a fee yet.

I did buy shares in one of the companies on the list , which then was taken over,or metamorphosed, into another one on the list. I suppose they got my details from the share register.

They then emailed asking me to sign a restricted power of attorney to allow them to verify my holdings in the two companies. I haven't returned it, but I am trying to figure out exactly what the scam is.

---------------------

The POA reads:

Limited Power of Attorney BE IT KNOWN, that I (Name)_____________________________________ a citizen of (Country)_______________________ has made and appointed, and by these presents does make and appoint of ARSU my true and lawful attorneys for the following specific and limited purposes only: A. Recovery of funds for the assets listed on the `Request for Information Form' overleaf. No sale or transfer of assets will be possible without the consent of the undersigned in the form of a signed contract. I give and grant said attorney, full power and authority to do and perform all and every act and thing whatsoever necessary to be done in and about the specific and limited premises (set out herein) as fully, to all intents and purposes, as might or could be done if personally present, with full power of substitution and revocation, hereby ratifying and confirming all that said attorney shall lawfully do or cause to be done by virtue hereof. This instrument is valid for 6 (six) months from the date stated below. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand This _______ Day Of _______________________, 20____.

Run a mile, they're working an 'advance fee' fraud on you.

You've got worthless shares which you no doubt bought from a cold calling scammer.

The shares will always be worthless.

Company calls you up and says 'they're not worthless, in fact we can help you make a lot of money'

Greed now takes over as all you can think about is the lovely cash.

But in order to get hold of the big bucks you'll first be asked to pay a 'refundable fee'. Pay that and I reckon they'll be a small problem and another 'fee' will have to be paid for some 'legal work'.

However much you pay them it doesn't matter because they're scammers so all they're doing in scamming you out of cash. There will never be a big payday........

Also, because you fell for the cold callers in the past, chances are you'll be getting many more calls from other scammers, all with great ideas of how you can make easy and quick money. But pay any money for those investments and it WILL BE STOLEN FROM YOU.

Sorry to come across as harsh but think about this - I'm harsh but make sure you keep hold of your money. The scammers though are charming and nice, yet they steal your money......