Are you concerned with inflation?

Rambo35

Right now inflation remains well contained and not a single central bank worries about the negative impact of inflation on the economy. We can all agree that monetary policy is very accommodative right now and will remain so for at least a few more years.

Are you concerned that inflation will bite the global economy rather hard and when least expected?

Inflation may be hard to generate for some countries (like Japan), but once it takes place it tends to increase rather fast while reducing inflation is a hard task and the only thing central banks can really do is increase interest rates and hope for the best. A hike in interest rates during stagnant economic growth or stagflation is every economies worst nightmare.

I start to wonder about inflation and think it may come lurking around the corner sooner than any economy can handle.

Right now inflation remains well contained and not a single central bank worries about the negative impact of inflation on the economy. We can all agree that monetary policy is very accommodative right now and will remain so for at least a few more years.

Are you concerned that inflation will bite the global economy rather hard and when least expected?

Inflation may be hard to generate for some countries (like Japan), but once it takes place it tends to increase rather fast while reducing inflation is a hard task and the only thing central banks can really do is increase interest rates and hope for the best. A hike in interest rates during stagnant economic growth or stagflation is every economies worst nightmare.

I start to wonder about inflation and think it may come lurking around the corner sooner than any economy can handle.

Inflation is a broader and important concept when it's come to Economics.

Inflation isn't an exclusively negative economic aspect, as long as it does not present as hyperinflation, then according to the Phillips Curve and its derivatives,
there is an inverse relationship between employment and inflation.
In forex world, inflation is just another fundamental aspect that moves the market.

Giovan:idea:

Inflation isn't an exclusively negative economic aspect, as long as it does not present as hyperinflation, then according to the Phillips Curve and its derivatives,
there is an inverse relationship between employment and inflation.
In forex world, inflation is just another fundamental aspect that moves the market.

Giovan:idea:

I agree that some inflation can be positive, but the problem is that you can't contain inflation and once it takes off it ca become a big problem.

im most worried about the united states federal reserve not meeting the inflation target ( lower than expected), despite the ongoing quantitative easing.

i'm not worried about inflation at all ......

as a Trader never worry about things out of your control ...just worry on everything you can control

N

I agree why worry about things we can`t change. I think it will become a problem on some point