Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wage - Made more than £25,000 Less Than £50,000

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Salary - Made more than £50,000

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

gtspeed

Hi All

Being reading a lot on the forum for the last few weeks regarding strategy and markets etc. All with great interest and as the ratio of losers to winners is 90% losers to 10% winners according to most sources I am curious as to see if that is true.

So can we do a little survey to see if these figures are true. As its rude to ask how much someone has in total simply answer using a keyword from list based on the last 12 months.

Lost - Lost more than made
Little - Made £1000 or less
Savings - Made more £1000 but less than £10,000
Investment - Made more than £10,000 Less than £25,000
Wage - Made more than £25,000 Less Than £50,000
Salary - Made more than £50,000

maybe also add the platform and trading style to add meat to the bones ie Intertrader Forex

Hi All

Being reading a lot on the forum for the last few weeks regarding strategy and markets etc. All with great interest and as the ratio of losers to winners is 90% losers to 10% winners according to most sources I am curious as to see if that is true.

So can we do a little survey to see if these figures are true. As its rude to ask how much someone has in total simply answer using a keyword from list based on the last 12 months.

Lost - Lost more than made
Little - Made £1000 or less
Savings - Made more £1000 but less than £10,000
Investment - Made more than £10,000 Less than £25,000
Wage - Made more than £25,000 Less Than £50,000
Salary - Made more than £50,000

maybe also add the platform and trading style to add meat to the bones ie Intertrader Forex

Added a poll to your thread.
I can remove it if you don't like it. Let me know !

Re "as the ratio of losers to winners is 90% losers to 10% winners according to most sources I am curious as to see if that is true."

Don't worry about "most sources" when the FCA have confirmed that the figure of consistent retail winners is nowhere near as glum as 10%. It's people who don't bother to check the facts, who always perpetuate the myth that only 1 in 10 consistently win ...isn't it?

It's truly 19% who, or just about 1 in 5 people, consistently win.

Taking financial spread betting, for example, no other form of gambling gives anywhere near as many consistent winners. Consistent winners at poker are about half that figure.

HTH

Re "as the ratio of losers to winners is 90% losers to 10% winners according to most sources I am curious as to see if that is true."

Don't worry about "most sources" when the FCA have confirmed that the figure of consistent retail winners is nowhere near as glum as 10%. It's people who don't bother to check the facts, who always perpetuate the myth that only 1 in 10 consistently win ...isn't it?

It's truly 19% who, or just about 1 in 5 people, consistently win.

Taking financial spread betting, for example, no other form of gambling gives anywhere near as many consistent winners. Consistent winners at poker are about half that figure.

HTH

Do you think spread betting is betting than forex trading (I mean spot contracts or CFD products)