Are We All Living In The Matrix?

What if you have lived all your life in a sensory duplication machine and only now have you found out that you are part of The Matrix?

What if I said that right now you have a bank account on the planet Zepetes with 1 million tons of gold deposited in your name? Unfortunately, Zepetes is invisible and can’t be detected by normal means. Does this mean that this ‘reality’ is empty since there is no possible way of experiencing the sensory pleasures of owning all that wealth? Is The Matrix such an empty ‘reality’?

starspacer said:
What if you have lived all your life in a sensory duplication machine and only now have you found out that you are part of The Matrix?

What if I said that right now you have a bank account on the planet Zepetes with 1 million tons of gold deposited in your name? Unfortunately, Zepetes is invisible and can’t be detected by normal means. Does this mean that this ‘reality’ is empty since there is no possible way of experiencing the sensory pleasures of owning all that wealth? Is The Matrix such an empty ‘reality’?
To tell or not to tell, that is the dilemma. How can you tell without teling? And what is worse, if you do tell, how are you going to do it ? The problem is no one will believe you, but I know you know.that I know you know .;)

Kind Regards.

Dial up a sensation - change your reality

wheres the control panel for this sensory duplication machine :idea: :cheesy:

neil said:
You yourself are the control panel, and the buttons, dimmers, levers, on / off switch etc.,

neil said:
If you found the control panel and escaped The Matrix would you choose to come back and inform all those still within the Matrix? Do you think they would be grateful, or would you be considered a nut?

If you were a goldfish, confined to a goldfish bowl, and you were set free, would you prefer freedom or the bowl, if it meant that to come back just to tell the other goldfish imprisoned there, that there is free life outside the glass bowl, would cost you your own freedom ? Then no one would win, would they ? And that, is the dilemma.:( .....For the goldfish, that is...

Last edited:
starspacer said:

But how do you know you weren’t plugged in at birth? Do you think you could tell?

Ultimately, yes indeed!
There are laws imposed by man and then there are natural or ‘universal laws’. (Who imposes these is a question for Socrates and the theologians!) But they exist nonetheless. For example, one law is that of constancy and eternity. Anything true is constant or eternal. Another law is that of changeability or variability. Anything true is variable. For example, it is true to say that the world is in a content state of change and will be thus forever more. Therefore, something changes and something becomes the cause of change. The matrix is not 'true' and, therefore, it is not constant and eternal. So, sooner or later there would be a glitch in the power supply and the matrix would shut down.
Tim.

timsk said:
Ultimately, yes indeed!
There are laws imposed by man and then there are natural or ‘universal laws’. (Who imposes these is a question for Socrates and the theologians!) But they exist nonetheless. For example, one law is that of constancy and eternity. Anything true is constant or eternal. Another law is that of changeability or variability. Anything true is variable. For example, it is true to say that the world is in a content state of change and will be thus forever more. Therefore, something changes and something becomes the cause of change. The matrix is not 'true' and, therefore, it is not constant and eternal. So, sooner or later there would be a glitch in the power supply and the matrix would shut down.
Tim.

Or - are we as a speck of dust on a policemans uniform, and nothing matters anyway, we are simply a higher form of animal but an animal nonetheless. Despite what we wish to believe we live and die thus cease to be. So enjoy it while you can :p

timsk said:
Ultimately, yes indeed!
Tim.
Yes, I agree in principle.

But if we use the example of the goldfish to illustrate the point, the goldfish is powerless to change the matrix. As the goldfish is powerless to change its realilty, then that reality becomes the reality it must accept, unless something changes to alter it.

But the reality that the goldfish experiences is not the only one that exists, I respectfully submit.

So, did you take the blue pill or the red pill ?

Either way, I think you got it from a dodgy batch.
Get yourself a more reliable dealer.

trendie said:
So, did you take the blue pill or the red pill ?

Either way, I think you got it from a dodgy batch.
Get yourself a more reliable dealer.
Pills don't help. You have got to think, sorry.