Are there any unlimited paper trading systems?

Squall

I was just curious while I am learning more about futures if there is any software that would offer paper trading with no expiration. I don't mind to pay if I need to, I would just enjoy being able to simulate trading with real time data to see what I've got, before I blow all my money. Thanks!

Hi Squall,

Is it just futures you're trading?

If you also trade stocks and options, then www.virtualstockexchange.com and www.investopedia.com are 2 free trading simulators you could use.

Interactive Brokers also provide a paper-trading simulated account that they allow you to use after you've opened a real account with them.

Thanks

Damian

Squall said:
I was just curious while I am learning more about futures if there is any software that would offer paper trading with no expiration. I don't mind to pay if I need to, I would just enjoy being able to simulate trading with real time data to see what I've got, before I blow all my money. Thanks!
futures betting offer free paper trading before you sign up for account, also pacific trader.

also I beleive you can use NinjaTrader in simulation mode for as long as you like, but you need a RT data source for it.

Thanks for the replies! Yeah I have been fooling around with forex for a year or so, but I don't like it...it seems to shady....I wanted to get more of a feel for futures before I jumped in and lost all my money-I'd prefer to lose all my money slowly instead lol.

I noticed a few brokers will let you demo for 30 days, then pay like $15 a month to keep using the demo...But yeah I'm mostly looking into futures, strangely there are hardly any simulators out there!

I looked into track n trade pro from gecko, they have a simulator, but once you open a trade you can't close it...so that gets kind of weird when you're trying to back test, etc. ha ha

Thanks again for the answers!

If your willing to a pay try, global futures demo account. Stategy runner. free for 30 days then a charge. You need not open an acount.

I believe Tradestation has a simulated trading platform. Not sure how much they would charge (their web site is www.tradestation.com) but you could check with them. I believe they are considered the best web site for trading futures. It seems to be the website used by most of the heavy duty traders and once you learn your way around, is very comprehensive.

papertrading is obsolete

while looking at your chart decide wether to buy or to sell to short or to cover.
u will get the result of your decision within seconds

If you can afford to open an IB account ($2000 min I think ?) then you'll get a fully functioning live papertrader exactly like the real thing. If your not doing any live trades then your only cost will be data approx $10 pm. Then when you're ready to go live it's all set up

rog1111

rog1111 said:
If you can afford to open an IB account ($2000 min I think ?) then you'll get a fully functioning live papertrader exactly like the real thing. If your not doing any live trades then your only cost will be data approx $10 pm. Then when you're ready to go live it's all set up

rog1111

Yes, like I said earlier on in this thread, I would say that is by far the best option for paper-trading.

It's probably as close to the real thing as you will get.

Thanks

Damian