APW Australia Portfolio Wines

T2W is advised as follows:

Australian Portfolio Wines (UK) Ltd

reference should read as above not APW or Australian Portfolio Wines in a generic form.
The Australian company of the same name is not the referenced company: AUSTRALIAN PORTFOLIO WINES PTY LTD
http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bi...=ACN&srchsrc=1
http://www.search.asic.gov.au/cgi-bi...=ACN&srchsrc=1 (Cellar Link Pty Ltd is a new company, registered in August 2008, and commenced trading in Feburuary 2009). It has never sold investment wines, and only sells wines others own (for them) and charges for the service, storage and assistance. We DO NOT SELL INVESTMENT WINES. Any client opening an account is asked to sign terms and conditions as linked: http://www.cellarlink.com.au/comersu...onditions.html

I would be grateful if posters would refrain from expressing their opinions in emotive terms such as "scam" "ripped-off" etc. Please stick to the facts. Thx.

jon

The investors will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mr Eamonn Egan is involved with both companies. Whilst the businesses are different legal entities it is highly misleading to claim there is no connection between the two.

Talking about business practices.

This has just occurred to me. Cellarlink are selling wine at heavily discounted prices. Whose wines they are selling at these prices has not been made clear.

They are doing this by charging membership fees, the higher the fee the more the discount.

Without any knowledge I can only assume that these fees go into the Cellarlink coffers. If this is the case and the wines being sold are members wines then these are being sold at below value whilst Cellarlink is receiving the benefits.

Surely if members wines are being discounted, the member whose wines are being sold should get some benefit from the membership fees being levied to buyers.

Or is this just another funny business practice.

The investors will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Mr Eamonn Egan is involved with both companies. Whilst the businesses are different legal entities it is highly misleading to claim there is no connection between the two.

Mr. Boyles, Mr. Egan here. I was NEVER a shareholder of, director of, or employee of Australian Portfolio Wines Pty Ltd, between the 19th of October 2006 and April 2007 I was contracted through my own business as their Export Manager. Thereafter I was contracted as their GM after the resignation of one Robert Rees (Sales Manager) and Marnie Dawson (Company Accountant) (the Managing Director’s, Sister). I acted as the GM from April 2007 until my resignation from that contract in January 2009. After which I set up my own company Cellar Link Pty Ltd.
I was NEVER employed or contracted by Australian Portfolio Wines UK LTD at any stage whatsoever in any capacity whatsoever.
I would therefore appreciate that you whilst keen to protect consumer’s interests, ensure your facts are accurate. A company search of the companies mentioned will bear out my assertions, in all cases.

It could be organised.

Why don't you ask them exactly where it is stored? Their answer will give you an excellent idea bout whether or not you bought fresh air.

I have been trying to dis-associate myself for 4 years now. While some of my wine has been 'sold' I am stuck with the last few bottles which they refuse to sell. Cellar Link had the nerve to charge me $400+ for 12 bottles storage. I was originally told the wine was in London but when pressed they told me it is in Scotland. They also had the nerve to send me a bill for the last sale.
(How can VAT and expenses amount to more than the value of the wine???)
I would welcome any help to get them off my back.
I can see the wine is in storage at LCB, (London City Bond), so it exists.
I intend to approach Fair Trade Australia and some media to try and resolve this.

Sell is not in their vocab, I asked "you say investing in wine is such a good investment I’ll sell you my allotment for a quarter of the price" and there was silence still not acceptable. Old sayings are ringing in my ears "A fool and his money are easily parted" I have lost a lot of money boo hoo what can you really do about it
It would cost a lot to fight it. I would really advise another investment strategy for success
Have there been any success stories...please post

How has the Fair trading senero worked out for you wino1?

Sell is not in their vocab, I asked "you say investing in wine is such a good investment I’ll sell you my allotment for a quarter of the price" and there was silence still not acceptable. Old sayings are ringing in my ears "A fool and his money are easily parted" I have lost a lot of money boo hoo what can you really do about it
It would cost a lot to fight it. I would really advise another investment strategy for success
Have there been any success stories...please post

How has the Fair trading senero worked out for you wino1?

I'LL TELL YOU one success story!!...My family in the UK have done well. They received my wine collection for FREE... they say its great tasting wine. Sadly the one who paid for the wine (ME) never even got to taste a sip!

After wasting copious amounts of time on this...with ever mounting storage bills..I took the line of least resistance...paid the VAT, Cellarlinks charges and walked away leaving the wine to be delivered to my family who I dont think could even give it away!!

Im at least $10K in the read....expensive lesson learnt!!

I feel for you...I went to the tastings it was good stuff.
I think people need to generate more feedback,
Thank you for taking the time to reply
Felt like I was the only misfortunate or embarrassing unit to invest in their idea generating more money

So has there been any action what could we do? How have yo all got on i dint know how to approach this mater
I have had no correspondence with them since i swapped over sell the F@%#ing lot Im sick of some **** talk talk talk if its such a great investment buy it back at half the price I asked. Not interestedd in that either....Frustrating This would not of gone on in thee 1800's
How can they act like they have not ripped you off
Where do you stand?
any success stories!!!!

So has there been any action what could we do? How have yo all got on i dint know how to approach this mater
I have had no correspondence with them since i swapped over sell the F@%#ing lot Im sick of some **** talk talk talk if its such a great investment buy it back at half the price I asked. Not interestedd in that either....Frustrating This would not of gone on in thee 1800's
Where do you stand?
any success stories!!!!

Gather all the evidence you have and go to the authorities. Be prepared to push your case.

Be in no doubt about the kind of people you have been dealing with. If you are aggrieved see if there is a formal route you can take, otherwise you just have to accept what's happened and cut your losses any way you can.

I have had nothing but hassle from APW - talk talk talk - bull bull bull. Spent £36k on wine, probably going to get 10k back.

If they have 1,000 bottles of wine and receive £1,000+ for storage, are they interested in selling it...... NO WAY.

SHOUT SCREAM AND INSIST THEY SELL. PHONE THEM EVERY DAY. I HOPE TO HAVE IT SOLD BY THE END OF THE MONTH

Where do you stand?
any success stories!!!!

Hi guys
I havent heard from thos *******s for months.
Maybe my wine has beeb sold. They wanted another grand of me this year. We paid 3500 last year. I dont know what to do. I have a lot of really good oz wine storrd in london. If you can help me out and its helps then I can pay you.
Regards
Rippedoff

Hi guys
Same story. I ignored their last demands but havent heard.
I hope they are in Jail getting things in their bottoms. Have to contact the police. Maybe I have some fake certificates?
Maybe my wine has beeb sold. They wanted another grand of me this year. We paid 3500 last year. I dont know what to do. I have a lot of really good oz wine storrd in london. If you can help me out and its helps then I can pay you.
Regards
Rippedoff

Hi, i am in the process of getting rid of mine. I lost 26k. i don't want to be a git, but i will post how i done it when i get paid. APW - they rip you off with the prices - they rip you off with the charges - they keep you in perpetual ripoff with the storage - it's the storage charges they want from you.

SO sorry you have been ripped off, please email me again in a month and i'tt let the world know how to get rid of APW

Magic mate
Trouble is I need to know now. We are heading to Europe in 2 weeks and my girl frirnd is hasselling me big time she wants it sorted before ee go. she is pregsnt too
Best Regards

Desperate!

Hi guys
Same story. I ignored their last demands but havent heard.
I hope they are in Jail getting things in their bottoms. Have to contact the police. Maybe I have some fake certificates?
Regards
Rippedoff

Hi, i don't want to pass on bad advice. when i get the cheque, i'll let you know. There are a lot of horrible people out there. It will still take about 3 months however you deal with them - they are a bunch of sweet talking swines
have to be careful what i say - good luck, i have been fighting them for 3 years

i should know by the end of the week - stay calm - it will end

Last edited:
Hi, i don't want to pass on bad advice. when i get the cheque, i'll let you know. There are a lot of horrible people out there. It will still take about 3 months however you deal with them - they are a bunch of sweet talking swines
have to be careful what i say - good luck, i have been fighting them for 3 years

i should know by the end of the week - stay calm - it will end

Hi - can you email me on [email protected]. i've sold the lot - it was hard work

I had £36,000 of wine and sold about £8,000 with apw, they left me with a portfolio containing most bottles, therefore most storage costs. I sold the wine by a trhird party for just inder £3,000. The bottom line is you have lost most of your money. Just get clear. they will clean you out. sorry mate, you have lost it. if you are struggling please email me, i would prefer to talk about it