Applying Indicator to another Indicator

dima777

I wonder if it is possible to apply moving average to rsi directly in the charts?
thanks!

I wonder if it is possible to apply moving average to rsi directly in the charts?
thanks!

Depends on the charting package I guess.... With Amibroker it is definately possible and from memory I believe it can also be achieved in MS.

Example
EL for 10 day RSI and moving average using closing prices:-

Plot1(RSI(close, 10));
Plot2(Average(close, 10));

Save and plot as one indicator in TS.

plot1( Average( RSI( close, 10 ), 10 ) ) ;

This is how you would do an average of the RSI for charting.

yep...thanks......i want to know if there is a way to simply apply an indicator to another indicator WITHOUT going to teh easylanguage editor...
thanks!!!
ps: how is our trendline project going?)))

No you can not do that.

It is not going to work well with the auto trendline. I can build something for you that will show the technique and also be a useful trading tool for you to have.

i see..thanks....i wish you showed me how to do that with any type of a trendline..if that is not possble mayme you can show me how to export moving average for example,
thanks!

I have you a good indicator built with a little stats module built in. This is an actual good indicator that is useful and not just an example.

yep...thanks......i want to know if there is a way to simply apply an indicator to another indicator WITHOUT going to teh easylanguage editor...
thanks!!!
ps: how is our trendline project going?)))

Actually you can do this, at least with some indicators (the ones that have price as a parameter). For example to show the average of RSI, put a moving average on the chart, and edit the price input from 'close' to RSI(close,10) for example. Note that we are actually using the name of a function here, rather than the indicator. Most, but not all, indicators have a function associated.

Steve

Attachments

• AverageRSI.jpg
    AverageRSI.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 249
Yes, that is most certainly true. I overlooked this by thinking you were wanting to apply two indicators and have them interact without coding, and I do this sort of thing shown here often :)

cool...thansk for your answers! that helps a lot!)) i was just hoping that you could simply drop one indicator over another without doing any tweaks manually..
I also hope ts will allow to access EL editor directly from the format strategies and techniques window!

You can certainly add multiple indicators to the same chart and they will overlay if they scale correctly. I am not sure what you are talking about when you mention accessing EL editor from the format analysis techniques window as this is certainly what you can do with the newest version of TS.

I mean to be able to edit astrategy from within theformat strategy window - without having to look forthe strategy ib the EL list..i am using ts 8.1

This is currently a feature of TS 8.3

You will see a button within the dialog window of the format strategies and indicators where you can then open the EL code window immediately

Attachments

• StratOpt_ELD.jpg
    StratOpt_ELD.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 137
Indicators in strategy?

This is currently a feature of TS 8.3

You will see a button within the dialog window of the format strategies and indicators where you can then open the EL code window immediately

Hi,
Can a third party indicator be referenced in an easylanguage strategy? I have the indicator in use on tradestation but I really would like to automate it in a strategy. Can I possibly reference the indicator in a strategy like ......if apollo >price buy at close ....where apollo is the custom indicator? If not directly possible is there a way round this problem? As in can one make a function based on that third party indicator and use the function in a strategy? etc.
Thank you.