Applied for propex trainee trader and got it

Josephwyr

I am to start off in the July online training batch, a 1-2 month training session in place for me at home to see i am of trading caliber.

Anyone else who have gone through this?

What are the end results of these at the end of the course , will it be some sort of boiler room scam thing going on?

I am to start off in the July online training batch, a 1-2 month training session in place for me at home to see i am of trading caliber.

What are the end results of these at the end of the course , will it be some sort of boiler room scam thing going on?

Not enough information...name names and we can get digging.

Ok so a quick google suggests they are selling training and selecting only those who show some promise.

All this type of scheme is doing is filtering out applicants at every stage of development process and none of it is funded by the company but by the throughput of applicants.

It's the trading equivalent of mining for diamonds...sift through a lot of dud material and try to find a diamond.

How much do you have to pay them?

$0, i applied to be one of their in house trader, and was selected to go through a online training/evaluation period of 1 to 2 month which is offered to me free...

$0, i applied to be one of their in house trader, and was selected to go through a online training/evaluation period of 1 to 2 month which is offered to me free...

Ok, so all that will be lost is your time and there may be some upside gain.
Just ensure that you keep your eyes wide open.

Hi,

May i know how was the training that was provided? How was the selection being made? Are you currently working in Propex Singapore? Sorry there are so many question asked and this reply is 2 years from what you post and anything could change in these 2 years but would still love to receive your reply.

Thank you

Hi,

May i know how was the training that was provided? How was the selection being made? Are you currently working in Propex Singapore? Sorry there are so many question asked and this reply is 2 years from what you post and anything could change in these 2 years but would still love to receive your reply.

Thank you

I did this late last year. Its not so much training as it is a place for you to show what you've got. Its part of the selection process. I recall P&L isnt the only thing they are interested with the sim trading (they said that anyway). I suspect they also look at how long you trade per day and how many days you trade per week because in this business you need to be persistent and have grit. I was also asked a couple of questions like "how you do you think you went?" etc. Pretty sure theyre looking for a growth mindset - this is crucial for any professional trader. You need to have your focus on getting better and eliminating mistakes, and not get attached to results or set limiations on yourself. For my first 2 weeks there were trading drills, first there was "cut and reverse" where you cant stay flat, you must always have a position. And then there was another one where you had to leave limit orders every 2 ticks, I think it was 5 or 10 either side cant remember. And you had to sort of work the positions. Last 2 weeks was spreading the 10 yr US treasury vs the Aussie 10 yr (I think).

If anyone is a trader at propex, I would like to know what sort of stuff their trainees are taught. How flexible are they in allowing new traders to find their own style? Like scalping, or longer term directional trades? I hear they are mostly spreaders.