IT intern-want to be a analyst, possible?

harshil86

Hi

I am working as an industrial trainee in the IT Infrastructure dept. at UBS Asset mgmt. While working here, and doing a course called Investment Administration Qualification, I got very interested in Fund Management. I am currently doing another course called Investment Management Certificate, which I intend to finish by the end of August (before starting my final year at university). My question to anyone reading this is, considering the fact I am studying IT at university (I intend to get a first since its not a great university(Brunel)), do I have a future in fund Management? Will the buy-side firms even consider me as a candidate?

Would really appreciate any sort of feedback.

Why dont you try to contact the UBS HR team? ? ?.
It might be possible to move departments within the company.

i have only got a month left on my internship, so I think its too late for that, I did kind of suggest this to my line manager last year to which he bluntly said NO (they do not allow interns to change dept). I would like to embark on the CFA programme, but will need sponsorship from a firm, do you think buy-side firms will consider me a serious candidate (considering I m studying Computer Science at an average university)? I definitely intend to finish IMC before I apply to these firms.