Apple laptop for trading

astonmartin

Hello All,

I need to get a new laptop, very much like the idea of apple as being less buggy and can run windows for trading (which apparently windows runs smother on a apple machine for some reason)

then mac software for social and saving the net,

im looking at pluging 2 external lcd screens in to the mac latop, and occasionally hooking it up to my large lcd tv.

so any advise from traders actively trading using apple machine's or any advise would be greatly appreciated.

aston

p.s. have an iphone which i am quite impressed with if any ones got any suggestion to utilise it better with trading are be interested to hear from them,

a bit late replying, but fwiw I use Mac.

I have an Intel iMac 24" with an external 20" monitor. On the 20" monitor I run Parallels 4.0 with an XP install. That powers the charts (and my accounting software), because there's no decent charting software for Mac. That's all it runs; it's locked down via a firewall, and it doesn't access the net except for the charting data.

Everything else runs on the Mac, and I'll never have it any other way. I'm typing this on my 15" MacBook Pro which I have in addition to the iMac, which would also run the same 20" monitor, but which'd be much better with Apple's hotpluggable 24" LCD display. You could buy a MacBook Pro and the 24" external monitor for £2k or thereabouts. £60 for Parallels, £x for a copy of XP and you're done.