Anyone trade Binary Options

That is one major problem with option trading...they hardly offer demo account for practice.

I just signed up last week with Nadex. There is some information on their website. Not the best but I only use it when my normal trading is slow.

binary options are only worthy following news releases in very short timeframes. You need a realtime news service for this. Best part of binaries are it closes itself, you cannot ruin it. However they offer very bad risk-rewards ratio. Even the most generous binaries (up/down) pay about 80%

I started just now in online trading, first of all wanted to start with forex but it seemed to difficult with all these spreads, leverage, margin and etc. So my eye stopped at binary options, as one of the reasons was that glossary wasn't so wide as forex :D Im not good in catching the things fast, so for me seemed easier to learn 10new words than all thousands of them!
So what I actually wanted to ask is there any suggestions, where to open an account, which assets to trade, which days to trade, can I use MT4 platform for the online graphs?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

google binaryoptionsdaily.com and learn from them.

you can learn from you tube by searcing tjfinancial too.

thanks

google binaryoptionsdaily.com and learn from them.

you can learn from you tube by searcing tjfinancial too.

thanks

thanks for your quick response!
are you trading also binary options? what profits are you getting if its not confidential? what amount to start with not to have big loss.
Thank you!

hi....i just trade sometime only....win little bit but decided to go back to forex...

u can try to start with 100 if u want to try...

I have my account with Banc De Binary and I am quite satisfied with it. I was also like you who didn't know how to trade in binary but then after a research i found Banc De Binary to be the best and helpful in letting me know the trade of binary as i have Personal Broker Reserved Account, so my broker help me in almost every way.

You can also try learning at sites like whyoptions.com, binaryoptionsbase, binaryoption and binaryoptionsdaily as mentioned above is also quite good. Although they try to weasel you into buying stuff, which I don't like personally
I write for the first of those, but there are literally about 500 articles between these 3 of real value. And by that I mean, articles not just offering a teaser and then an affiliate link ;) to me that's a scam.

No body seems to be worried about that these are OTC products not exchaneg tarded and hardly any Binary Options brokers are regulated in UK,USA wheer there is some client money protection insurance!

Hi
Although I agree with you, there needs to be some oversight, and not to just be the devil's advocate, but when was the last time that actually helped anyone since Refco collapsed ? You've had Gain Capital mishandling trades to the detriment of clients, FXCM slipping clients incessantly to their detriment, loads of FSA regulated brokers simply collapse, CYSEC brokers that other than complying with capital requirements are doing all of the above and then some...

I do believe that oversight is a good thing. But certainly not in the way being done at present. Although, admittedly, the FSA is the closest but they are seemingly more concerned with compliance as compared to the consumerist approach I think you would want to see (probably rightfully so).

Hi
Although I agree with you, there needs to be some oversight, and not to just be the devil's advocate, but when was the last time that actually helped anyone since Refco collapsed ? You've had Gain Capital mishandling trades to the detriment of clients, FXCM slipping clients incessantly to their detriment, loads of FSA regulated brokers simply collapse, CYSEC brokers that other than complying with capital requirements are doing all of the above and then some...

I do believe that oversight is a good thing. But certainly not in the way being done at present. Although, admittedly, the FSA is the closest but they are seemingly more concerned with compliance as compared to the consumerist approach I think you would want to see (probably rightfully so).

David
2 things
1) Market Transperancy: Depth of Market disclosed etc = ZERO in cas eof these CYSEC brokers you don't know if they hedge your trade with other clients or take on the risk? What obligation they have to discuss?
I mean if these brokers are so clean why don;t they sepnd the money and get regulate dina larger regulated markets? like Nadex has done
2) Client MOney safety:
True that Futures are not covered by SIPC in USa only Equity
Forget Forex completely
FSA insurance may give some protection but only if the broker is 100% regulate din UK

In any case one can construct own Binary by doing CAll or PUT spreads ona regulated exchange ( correct me if I am wrong)

David
2 things
1) Market Transperancy: Depth of Market disclosed etc = ZERO in cas eof these CYSEC brokers you don't know if they hedge your trade with other clients or take on the risk? What obligation they have to discuss?
I mean if these brokers are so clean why don;t they sepnd the money and get regulate dina larger regulated markets? like Nadex has done
2) Client MOney safety:
True that Futures are not covered by SIPC in USa only Equity
Forget Forex completely
FSA insurance may give some protection but only if the broker is 100% regulate din UK

In any case one can construct own Binary by doing CAll or PUT spreads ona regulated exchange ( correct me if I am wrong)

Great Questions but no easy answer:
1.You are right about the transparency issue. In terms of regulation though, none exists for binary options outside the US. NADEX is NOT a good example as no one knows for sure how that came to be, seeing as how NO other broker can even get regulated in this industry. Nadex is actually listed as an "exchange" and not a brokerage which is sort of like a broker being given a banking license with no need for capital and margin oversight. It's a bit odd to say the least. I am not saying they are doing anything wrong. On the contrary, they are probably completely on the level. But... it doesn't look right in my opinion. It gave them a pseudo monopoly and although from time to time they get a smack down (like when they were ordered NOT to allow trading on t-bill options and others), they aren't in the same category as a broker would have been.
Nonetheless, from a transparency standpoint, binary is in a bit of a pickle. There is no regulation until , at least, early 2013 and that will be ONLY by CYSEC and passported into MIFID. All that really means is that brokerages will be forced to pass on their trades to a market maker regulated by CYSEC.

What that means is that we are back to square one. Reason being, the same issues people have with market makers in forex they will have here. The need to oversee transactions will be met, but the rest won't be. Most binary brokers will get a clean bill of health though. They will be passing trades to market makers and those MMs are going to be regulated. One such MM is spotoption which is also the software provider for binary options companies. This is a bit of a conflict bu the regulatory body found an elegant solution to this and most brokers are going to go along with it and become either brokerages tied to the MM or "tied agents" of that MM. So things will be cleaner, per se.

As for client funds safety, this is an issue that MIFID needs to solve as a regulatory board in the EU. It exists to some extent but it is very limited. On the hand, it can be maintained that the MIFID method is doing very well seeing as how very few brokers have gone under, taking client funds down with them.

Sure , you can create your own binary option - but it won't necessarily be effective for intra-day trading. The pricing and the Greeks available to build an intra-day model for this are not B&S and as such, require much more work and you wont' necessarily get a better result than just trading with a retail broker. So long as you don't abuse their systems (using cancel features to just snipe spikes and things similar to that) they won't care if you turn a profit (again, depending on what broker you choose - choose a good one and you can see who's better than others at my site Binary Options Broker Reviews, New, Analysis and Special Offers[/url] or others like mine, there are a few trustworthy ones out there with knowledgeable personnel behind the sites. Not just lame affiliate sites with link bait).

GL !

Last edited by a moderator:
HI
Firstly, I didn't put that link in,
The link is for "whyoptions.com" and I didn't put the rest of that text there and want it removed as it's distasteful in my opinion (both to change my post and to blatantly advertise in such a blundered manner)
I don't think the people of this forum like the idea of me being here seeing as how 90% of what I try to post never seems to get online or does get online about 6-12 hours after I post. No idea why.

The site is for real. I write for the site and it's a commercial site. I never hid that. It's in my profile page.

Not sure who has what against me or why.

There are hundreds of operators' representatives on this forum trolling for traders. I am just here to talk, listen, get some ideas.

Not sure what's the deal here.

Not sure how to make my case genuinely believed. But this is all true and I am not lying about anything.

binary options are only worthy following news releases in very short timeframes. You need a realtime news service for this. Best part of binaries are it closes itself, you cannot ruin it. However they offer very bad risk-rewards ratio. Even the most generous binaries (up/down) pay about 80%

That's not true actually. Depending on the binary option you choose, the payout can range from 85% to 900% as well. Regular (up/down) options you might be close to being correct. Most binary platforms offer payouts of 67-95% on those. But with one touch options, you can earn as much as 900%. I am not saying that I would touch those option types with a 10 foot pole - I am just saying that they exist so to write them off as bad payouts is not true