Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Is anyone short these markets - seriously - because the Dow is up 135 points pre market and is not giving an inch to the down side.
If youve shorted this market this year - youve lost money. Anyone want to GUESS where this will stop. Because thats all it will be - a guess, and only gamblers bet on guesses, and gamblers always lose.

Unless you've got a crystal ball - in which case can I borrow it after you. :LOL:

i went on a website where traders post various trading systems, you are able to search systems and find out what return on capital systems made over various time frames. when i checked over a 4 year period most systems were managing 24% year about 1.8%/month

does anyone know where u can check the level of margin debt on NYSE?

Dow now 98pts from all time high,

cnbc pushing the line that "dow almost always goes up on tuesday's"

Last edited:
i went on a website where traders post various trading systems, you are able to search systems and find out what return on capital systems made over various time frames. when i checked over a 4 year period most systems were managing 24% year about 1.8%/month

does anyone know where u can check the level of margin debt on NYSE?

Dow now 98pts from all time high,

cnbc pushing the line that "dow almost always goes up on tuesday's"

Try NYSEData.com Factbook: Securities market credit ($ in mils.)

my calcs based on london close gave a sell signal for the ftse but it was dragged up after the bell in US....vix also green/slight nudge up based on the fri close .....get the feeling the ramp up late friday was to take the markets away from the bear zone ....

my calcs based on london close gave a sell signal for the ftse but it was dragged up after the bell in US....vix also green/slight nudge up based on the fri close .....get the feeling the ramp up late friday was to take the markets away from the bear zone ....

Quite possibly true. But who would do that.... :LOL:

Last time we had the current level of margin debt on the NYSE was July 2007.

So that's ok then ... Gulp. :eek:

the level, is less important that if it is increasing or starts to decrease, decreasing levels of margin debt are very bearish.

:LOL:

Why the random laughing face.
Because I'm not shorting this market (for once :whistling).

Correct me if I'm wrong, (after all that's what the internet is for), but if you shorted the Dow any time between 11am YESTERDAY morning and now, you never made more than 25 points. On an upward move of 190 points. That's a pretty poor risk / reward ratio in my book.

And now for the consumer confidence numbers....

well my long term sideways view of the dow to year end ain't looking so good at the mo

have we seen the may high ? we'll know by friday

this feels like a massive short covering rally

dow 26pts from all time highs, suppose thats the obvious point where the shorts would have some stops,

I'd love to see the register of interest for the S&P companies.
Accenture - Mr B Bernanke. 20%
Apple - Mr B Bernanke. 25%
Akamai - Mr B Bernanke. 40%
Repeat ad nauseum.

bulls are looking to protect dow 15200 and ftse 6660/6700 so they drag the markets up to a point where any retrace back will miss these levels(they hope)...in the meantime if the markets keep going up all good and well..happy bulls.....4hr charts could be on elliot waffle 3 leg so a dip back waffle 4 then a waffle 5 to take us above 6800 ..it all fits nice but mr bear may have other ideas

just another one of my little stories :)