Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

the book is the best
but..you need a decent p/f charting programme,otherwise it is no good
updata
i use bullseye....a bit of an old clunker compared to updata..but i am happy with it

apart from the old version of bullseye (the new one is awful) and sharescope, there is just Updata, oh and stockcharts.com
everything else, is useless. its no wonder hardly anyone uses P&F given the choice available

nikkie is a very easy index to trade, very trendy (trends a lot ,not fashionable)

Good luck with trading the nik SD.

I found this market very different to the others and have thrown £92k at it before. I don't ever say that one market is easier than another but if I were to compare, the nikkei has a 'mind' of its own. It slips way out of sync of all other major markets without rhyme nor reason, of course there's always reasons attached to it after wards but it is more unpredictable than the usual suspects, them being, dax, ftse, dow & S&P.

Being a little island in the Asia pacific region it doesn't move in line, take markets across its near waters and compare and you'll see very little correlation. However when you look at the usual suspects named above you'll find that they move (pretty much) hand in hand and are very well correlated, thus making trading one against the other more rewarding.

There's other things to consider as well, being where its situated makes it easy for Tsunami's to hit and is also thwart with natural disasters. Also a major fault line runs straight through it. Nick Leeson got caught up in one, there was also a major one only a few years ago when the nuclear reactor played a major part. I wouldn't want to get caught up in that scenario. These are the ones we know of, the truth is Japan has around 1,000 earthquakes a year (several major ones per year, over 7 on the Richter scale). There's also the issue with the U.S being militarily based there, if it kicks off in Korea, Japan will play a major part. There's enough going on in the world without adding to the problems of trading.

For me, I wouldn't trade it. I'd stick to the ftse, dow, Dax, S&P.

Have a good bank holiday weekend,

Lee

Last week.

And div's for the week.
ASX Wed 8.9
FTSE Tue 1
DOW Wed 5.9

No major data, keeping any eye on Japan.
Looking for downside in FTSE.

Song for the upcoming cricket Ashes.

Attachments

• The Week.JPG
    The Week.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
sp500 june 5pts above todays bull signal

dow got within 110 of all time high during past hour

Last edited:
Phew I see normal service resumed on markets. New high again this week is the demand.

That's quite some yardstick you're using to measure 'normal service'.
The FTSE move up 100 points in an hour and a half and then sits in a 3 point trading range for 20 minutes.
Still - it makes it easy to take money from 'someone' not sure who though, probably the British tax payer. Oh wait a minute that's me! :mad:

That's quite some yardstick you're using to measure 'normal service'.
The FTSE move up 100 points in an hour and a half and then sits in a 3 point trading range for 20 minutes.
Still - it makes it easy to take money from 'someone' not sure who though, probably the British tax payer. Oh wait a minute that's me! :mad:

I'm looking at a tick chart of the FTSE - and it's like a cardiogram of the British economy. Bordering on Flatline! :LOL:

is anyone long these markets? Seriously? that Dow bounce off the 20 day MA can't be considered THE correction can it?

Is anyone short these markets - seriously - because the Dow is up 135 points pre market and is not giving an inch to the down side.
If youve shorted this market this year - youve lost money. Anyone want to GUESS where this will stop. Because thats all it will be - a guess, and only gamblers bet on guesses, and gamblers always lose.

SP500 june has been 7pts above buy level 1657.7 indicating strength

dow past 2 trading days has been +8pts , 12 pts kinda lost momentum