Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

respect, u averaged the initial 6015ish long[/QUOTE

thanks SD... as I said Friday ,, was looking to scale in and build a position.. I had 5923 as strong support .. but was worried DAX may avoid it and push up earlier.. I had a wide stop as I said down at 5800... have had 5923 on my charts for several weeks now.. but didnt expect it to hit yet until maybe mid June..

Facebook went below 26,

I guess we wont get any more ipo's for a while.

Wallstreet aren't doing themselves any favours are they ? they complain that volumes are too low and that the retail investor is not coming back, but they repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot and just compound the lack of confidence in equities...

That was an impressive drop just now...

FT.com said:
ECB keeps interest rates unchanged

The European Central Bank has held its main interest rate at 1 per cent, despite the deteriorating eurozone economic outlook, as it piles pressure on politicians to resolve the region’s debt crisis.

The decision by the ECB’s 22-strong governing council in Frankfurt, was widely expected, although some economists had forecast a quarter percentage point interest rate cut.

Mario Draghi, ECB president, warned last week that the bank could not “fill the vacuum” created by politicians’ inactivity.

The ECB has so far also refused to reactivate its government bond-buying programme to bring down Spain’s official borrowing costs or to repeat its offers in December and February of unlimited three-year loans to banks, which saw it injecting more than €1tn into the financial system.

Even during the depths of the 2009 recession, the ECB never cut its main interest rate below 1 per cent.

Although recent economic news showing inflationary pressures abating as well as activity weakening could have justified an interest rate cut, the ECB council apparently decided to hold fire – at least for this month. But the door has been left open for a more aggressive ECB response after Greek and French elections later this month, as well as a European leaders’ summit in June 28.

So far the ECB has forecast a stabilising of economic activity in the eurozone at low levels. But its expectations of a gradual economic recovery this year have been challenged by recent data.

Eurozone purchasing managers’ indices showed activity contracting sharply at the start of the second quarter, while unemployment in the currency bloc reached a euro-era high of 11 per cent of the workforce in April. M3, the broad money supply measure, watched by the ECB as an inflation and activity indicator, also decelerated. As the council met, Germany reported the country’s industrial production had fallen by 2.2 per cent in April compared with the previous month.

Further strengthening the case for an interest rate cut have been signs that eurozone inflation is decelerating significantly – even if, at 2.4 per cent in May, it remained above the ECB’s target of an annual rate “below but close” to 2 per cent.

Last edited: