Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The strong uptrend in the FTSE seems to have ceased for now and has entered a very narrow range.

Gone short at 5928 stop 25.

Ian

A good day for the bulls again yesterday....indicator remains bullish....

no change to ftse ...

no change to dow...

rudolph trying his best with naz...a good move yesterday but needs to break 2660

still bullish... indices seem to be at resistance tho...might be one of these markets that just keeps ticking up up up....

ftse added 1

dow. added 2

rudolph got his reversal …..nasdaq 2682 close....jingle bells :)

morning bustech innoz, ianhey and Dick Lexic,

Dow hitting 13,300 big level over past year. roughly 5950

Morning All
BHP +1.17%
RIO +0.96%
ASX, BHP, CBA and RIO all pulled well back from the highs.
All Asian markets up apart from China.
Asian markets unfazed by the Noth Korea rocket test.
FOMC might offer the correction or spike to sell into at 330am:sleep:.

Looking for DAX gap close at the open, current 7616

Bustech, uk listed RIO/BLT charts worth a look testing 9months resistance

Stocks Are Correctly Predicting No Cliff Calamity

by. Larry Kudlow

Despite all the media hullabaloo about the fiscal cliff and a potential recession if none of the Bush tax cuts are extended, stock markets have behaved calmly throughout this whole period. In fact, as of this writing today, the Dow is up 100 points.

I’m going to guess that stocks, in their wisdom, are correctly sniffing that there will be no calamitous falling off the cliff. By that I mean there will be no $500 billion tax hike, which would be an economy killer.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Stocks Are Correctly Predicting No Cliff Calamity

Last edited:
Good morning all.

Short from earlier closed for a few points profit when DAX rallied.

May get a better entry later.

Ian

top volume trades from yesterday on FTSE100 futures.

Attachments

• ftse fut trades.png
    ftse fut trades.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 117
Closed out one of my FTSE positions to cut my losses shorter than I usually allow as I know it's just gonna keep rallying for the moment.

Markets are feeling quite fearless atm

mornin' all - woefully late on parade

ftse continued trading weak vs dow yesterday and I bailed out of the pair when loss got to 2 1/2 times target profit (past my 2 x limit :rolleyes:). Just as well because it went another -30 weak from 3pm into the close. ftse weakness is now -120 over the last 4 trading days. Looks like it's rebalancing that enormous strength from a couple of weeks ago.

Trading a bit stronger this morning.

mornin' all - woefully late on parade

ftse continued trading weak vs dow yesterday and I bailed out of the pair when loss got to 2 1/2 times target profit (past my 2 x limit ). Just as well because it went another -30 weak from 3pm into the close. ftse weakness is now -120 over the last 4 trading days. Looks like it's rebalancing that enormous strength from a couple of weeks ago.

Trading a bit stronger this morning.

morning barjon,

think the fiscal cliff is throwing the correlations out , dow been relentlessly strong versus FTSE

morning barjon,

think the fiscal cliff is throwing the correlations out , dow been relentlessly strong versus FTSE

yeah you probably right, sd. The extreme strength of a few weeks ago maybe reflected US pessimism about it and the recent extreme weakness their renewed optimism for a "successful" outcome.

Mind you it still shows the correlation over that longer period, even if it has buggered up the day trading side of it.

well was relaxed but then got bored so starting to load up short 13291 area will be looking for 13070 area on this one in the short term 3 to 4 days

and I know before you say it what about santa? well he can have a few days next week