Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Minor pivot 3273

Tue saw a strong reversal which I see as a knee-jerk action similar to the knee-jerk reaction that caused the dip the day before. Lack of new news does not mean much considering that the virus has a 2 week incubation period. Below is a graph showing past effects on markets caused by pandemics, of particular interest is the time it takes for the threat to fully manifest itself then to be managed, this time can be between a month to 4 months or more.

As was mentioned in an erlier post, there are other reasons warranting current market movements, at this point, the coronavirus is a trigger, for it to become the cause of a market move will take some time.

My overall view is that, at this point, there is more down risk than up risk

[IMG]

Looking at the above list, 5 of the 6 killer viruses are animal to human transmission, I think the WHO really needs to take its work seriously and paint red (a no-fly zone) any country that does not practice proper slaughter procedures. No, point looking at the "law" of the land, because if the country does not enforce the law then a law serves no purpose.

Last edited: